“Westin Zagreb”

Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Zagreb
Arlington, Virginia
“Westin Zagreb”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Though I did not think the hotel was as luxurious as its 5-star rating, I found the hotel to meet all of my expectations and offered everything needed for a good trip. The staff was polite and helpful, the room was consistently cleaned and the location was optimal.
I would return to the hootel if again in Zagreb.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank KosMarkov
GSanne, General Manager at The Westin Zagreb, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Sir, thank you for staying at the Westin and thank you for the online feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We feature all Westin standards as the Westin Heavenly bed and shower, the Superfoods breakfast and the great wellness area. Internet is free of charge in the whole hotel. We are looking forward to your return, With best regards, Gunnar Sanne, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Orebic, Croatia
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I have stayed at the hotel Westin Zagreb several times during the year. Service is very good, especially the breakfast is realy high quality. The rooms are nice and sleeping on heavenly bed si nice and relaxing. I like this hotel very much because here is realy welcoming atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
GSanne, General Manager at The Westin Zagreb, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Sir, thank you for staying at the Westin and thank you for sharing your impressions online. We are glad that you are enjoying our hotel and we thank you for your kind feedback.
Hope to welcome you back soon again, we remain with best regards, Gunnar Sanne, General Manager
Lille, France
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I have stayed at the hotel Westin Zagreb several times during the year. I like this hotel very much because here is realy welcoming atmosphere. Service is very good, especially the breakfast is realy high quality. The rooms are nice and sleeping on heavenly bed si nice and relaxing. I have only one remark that the public areas and restaurant are old and need to be renovated.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sebastian_L15
GSanne, General Manager at The Westin Zagreb, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Sir, Thank you for staying at the Westin and thank you for sharing your impressions online. We are glad and proud for your loyality and that you are appreciating our services and the rooms. Hope to be able to welcome you back soon, we remain with our best regards, Gunnar Sanne, General Manager
Newcastle
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed at the Westin for just one night on a Gate 1 tour. The hotel is located in the lower town, across the road from the fabulous Mimara Museum.

Our room was fine, with extremely comfortable beds, and good quality linen and pillows.

We chose to dine in the hotel’s restaurant, which was good – salmon with risotto Milanese; and grilled chicken breast with asparagus, sun dried tomatoes and mash. The cost, with water and a bottle of wine, was 497 kuna. Surprisingly, the restaurant was almost empty, but it was early in the evening.

Breakfast offerings were extensive and excellent, except for the lack of an egg station to cook omelettes.

Staff were very helpful and personable. All in all, a great stay!

Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Glynis031
GSanne, General Manager at The Westin Zagreb, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Sir, thank you for staying at the Westin and for sharing your impressions online. I am glad you appreciate the location of the hotel and our rooms who are equipped with the Heavenly Beds & Showers, large LCD televisions and free internet. Our restaurant with specialities from the regions of Croatia is very appreciated and generally Croatians has later in the evenings. Once again thank you for staying with us and we hope you had a good continous vacation in Croatia. With kind regards, Gunnar Sanne, General Manager
Sydney
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed in Westin Zagreb with my husband during our Europe honeymoon trip and we absolutly loved it!!

Front office staff was very friendly and helpful, and they recomended us some great places in Zagreb that we should visit and see.

Our room was absolutly fantastic, with beautiful view of the city center. Since we were on a honeymoon, a complementary fruit basket and great red wine was waiting us in our room!

I must say that the room was squeaky clean!! Food was also wonderful, we especially loved the breakfast buffet! We just couldnt choose what to eat first :)

The location of the hotel is also great, since it is just 10 minutes of walk away from center! in overall, we have enjoyed our stay there and we will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KellyAustraliaSydney
GSanne, General Manager at The Westin Zagreb, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Dear Sir, Thank you so much for staying at the Westin and thank you for sharing your impressions online. We are happy that you appreciate our efforts in making each individual stay of our guests to a refreshing and rewarding experience. Please visit us again upon a renewed stay in Zagreb. With our kindest regards, Gunnar Sanne, General Manager
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I had a several business meetings in Zagreb during November 2011., so I stayed in Westin for 6 nights.
First of all, a location of the hotel is very convenient, since it is just a few minutes away from the city center, where i have had my meetings.
When I came to the hotel, check- in was very quick and the front office clerk was very friendly. I stayed in a non-smoking room on the 14 th floor, with the great view of the mountains and the city!
The room was spacious and clean, with very comfortable bed. I was very pleased with the food, especially with the Croatian national dishes! Westin definetly deserved my compliments when I saw and expirienced its wellness and swimming pool, it was relaxing and I really replenished myself!
I will be back in Zagreb in May and I will definetly stay at Westin again!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Mark11223
GSanne, General Manager at The Westin Zagreb, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear Sir, Thank you for staying at the Westin and thank you for sharing your impressions online. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I thank you for the compliments given. We are looking forward to welcome you back in May and remain with our best regards, Gunnar Sanne, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The Westin was a very good experience - though perhaps not a great one. Views across Zagreb were there for the taking, and location decent. Exterior aspect not particularly brilliant but rooms well equipped with all the 'heavenly' range of Westin products that one expects and looks forward to. Breakfast a disappointment (good variety but quality uneven). Staff always polite and friendly. Parking charge on the steep side, which doesn't seem fair for guests. Showers in the bathrooms are fantastic! Overall, a good place to spend a night in Zagreb. Would do so again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank businss_travell3r
Dear Sir, Thank you for staying at the Westin and thank you for sharing your impressions online. I am glad that your overall experience including our heavenly bed and showers were to your satisfaction. I thank you for the feedback regarding the breakfast which I will review with our executive food & beverage team. Once again staying at the Westin and we are looking forward to welcome you back. Kind regards, Gunnar Sanne, General Manager