“Central Asian Food - close to perfection, particularly if you like lamb!”
Review of Karavan ( Halal )

Karavan ( Halal )
Ranked #171 of 2,450 Restaurants in Kiev
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Armenian, Barbecue, Middle Eastern
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lypky
Description: "CARAVAN" - a restaurant with many years of impeccable reputation for a place of delicious oriental cuisine. All who have visited us at least once, change their view of the cuisine of the region once and for all. Five types of pilaf, manti, khinkali, shurpa and lagman, kebabs and hummus, dolma and couscous, chebureks and gazlem, lamb on spit, dishes cooked in Indian tandoori grill - only reading the menu of the restaurant Caravan causes emotional excitement. The East is not only delicate, but also delicious. The atmosphere of the restaurant is the mesmerizing smoke of the hookah, the crackling of the brazier, belly dancing, tea cups of fragrant tea, Persian carpets and Moroccan tiles - what we call "head in the clouds", nirvana and complete harmony with the world. The restaurant regularly hosts festivals of seasonal products and operates a halal menu - dishes prepared in accordance with the principles of Muslim cuisine from quality, healthy products. The caravan is an ideal place
Reviewed July 25, 2016

This is one of Kiev's oldest Central Asian restaurants, one that has managed to maintain high quality of both food and service throughout the years.

Central Asian food is known for its variety and it is good to begin your meal with a selection of starters, like samsa (meat pasties), chebureki (more meat pasties), mixed pickles or just fresh vegetables and Asian herbs. Don't overdo though, for it is all quite filling and you still have a main course to tackle!

I happen to like lamb, so I had lamb in everything I ordered, like pilaf (there are several varieties, all of them delicious), shashlik, chebureki and samsa, and liked it a lot, the meat being tender and cooked just so...

Being so full after the main course I have never had occasion to try their desserts,but I trust they'll be on the same level quality-wise.

What I particularly liked was a kind of drink made of rosehip, it comes in two varieties, sugared and non-sugared, I'd go for the sugar-free version, it is simply delicious - as was everything else.

Definitely worth visiting!

Reviewed July 17, 2016

We were here a few times. The food is good, service is good as well. I can recommend a kebab, tandoori chicken and grilled veggies. Not much to add, just go and check it out - you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

I liked the place and considered it one of the best in Kyiv...But: today it took waiter 5 min to bring additional bread while tables were empty :(

Food was food was average: served grilled meat with our a sauce....

And restaurant is overpriced.

Reviewed June 4, 2016

I came here with a girl and her friend (also girl) I just did meet at the airport. The food was ok. But the bill was ridiculously high. Partly at the hands of the ladies. And abig part at the hand of the restaurant. Coca cola cost for me 3 x usual. I just did read another rating here with teh same probelems. When I said that I should not pay the bill immediately all employees of the restautant came to me. Better you pay sire. Anjd I did.
But for me this are big criminals like the two girls who brought me there. It was a set up to take the money form that rich West European tourist.

Reviewed May 19, 2016 via mobile

Nice place overall. Food was ok arrived on time

Wine list was acceptable and our chosen wine was good,

Don't like it when they take my credit card away and out of sight, but that's minor point in overall experience