See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

I have been welcomed on a friendly and warm manner by the hotel staff. The were even helpful in helping me with my bags. The people at the. Reception were very friendly. I order room service and the price is right. The food is excellent and was brought on time. There Caesar salad is superb and the borsch with Smetana and garlic in oil with the bread buns were exquisite. I have never met it stayed in a hotel of this class in the Ukraine. The breakfast is enough and they try to align to the Western standards but for me I would have preferred all Ukrainian things for breakfast. After all, you are in the Ukraine and you should appreciate local food and leave your own culture out for this moment.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2017

On a visit with work to Ukraine we were booked into Hotel Visak for an overnight stay. The hotel is located in a quiet part of Kiev close to the river and is well presented both indoors and out. Check in was very efficient with a very friendly and helpful person on the front desk. The room was functional. clean and spacious with an adequate bathroom with shower. So far so good. We regrettably decided to dine in the hotel restaurant. The menu was somewhat limited but acceptable and I decided on the duck. Unfortunately this wasn't available so I went for the veal instead. I then asked for french fries to be served with the veal only to be told that these weren't available either!
As an alternative I chose potatoes with onion and mushroom which turned out to be fried potatoes after all. The food itself when served was only lukewarm at best and rather uninspiring. For dessert I went for the lemon tart which almost certainly bought in and thawed from the freezer and wasn't at all appetising or tasty. On top of all this the waitress was surly and not at all helpful. One additional point was that the meal couldn't be charged to the room but had to be paid for separately. To summarise the hotel is good but I would recommend avoiding the restaurant

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2017

the room 314 its just on the side of houskeeping desk , very noisy the morning , service restaurant its totally bad , they serve my soup , my friend wait her starter , i finish my soup , they served her , and forgot my main course......i just eat soup after 9 hours of travelling..hotel dont take credir card also for the room

Room tip: dont take the room 314
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2017

I have stayed here several times. It is good, it does what you need it to. The room is perfectly good enough, though its hot, I slept with the terrace door open even in February. Bathroom shower is fine, but no tea or coffee making facilities which I think should be addressed. You have to order every little thing which is not always smooth. The spa in the basement is very good, but is separate from the hotel and you pay them direct. Massages were great. Lobby rather formal and not so cosy. There are several supermarkets nearby, some good restaurants including a very good steak house with aged beef, and taxis are easy to get. Its a business and wedding hotel and it achieves this.

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

This is a clean, mid-range, suburban hotel. Quite grandiose in its style, it is situated by the river, and near a good sushi restaurant and a well stocked grocery store. It is far from the city centre, in a residential area characterized by lots of high apartment blocks.The metro is a 10-15 min walk away. My room was small but clean and comfortable, although way too hot originally. Interesting fixtures in the bathroom.

Date of stay: February 2017