“Soviet style”
Review of Premier Hotel Rus

Premier Hotel Rus
Ranked #16 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed 24 December 2011

It is fairly priced although Kiev is in general an expensive hotel market. Room has a 70 feel over it although I have heard there exist newly renovated Business rooms. Breakfast is not so good. The hotel bar is full of working girls. The good thing is the location! I prefer renting apartments when in Kiev.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Premier Hotel Rus

Reviewed 16 December 2011

If you are not into the fancy, this hotel is very well located in the heart of Kiev, walking distance to major attraction, on a hill offering a great view. Rooms are tiny and old fashion, the lobby maintains a rather soviet atmosphere which can be even fun. Good restaurant outdoors, with a decent bar and great service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I will definitely stay here again. The staff was very courteous and friendly. Very "westernized". It is a short walk to the metro. There were 3 of us traveling and we had a two room suite. Very reasonable price for what we got. Very comfortable and clean. I was actually very pleasantly surprised that we had such a spacious room. In America I would expect to pay 3 times the rate. Breakfast was above average. A quick warning about Kiev in general: only take the hotel taxi cabs and/or cabs with a meter. We got "taken" when we got a "cab" from the train station to the hotel. The staff at the hotel when we checked in told us that, unfortunately, that is a problem in Kiev. I actually knew about this while traveling, but we were tired and in a hurry and not thinking. So it was our mistake. Everyone else in Kiev and Ukraine in general were very nice (once we got to know them). Just be careful with those "cab" drivers.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank k e
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Excellent location 2 minute walk from metro - in town yet next door to football stadium
Ignore the elderly hookers that hang around the lounges at night
Free internet in all locations
Clean and comfortable

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Hotel rooms are very dated to say the least! There are old nylon bed spreads and blankets on the bed. The bathroom was clean but get to the shower early! Not a lot of hot water after 7pm. Bar is tidy with a good choice of tipple. Ladies of the night adorn the bar after 10 if that's your thing so plenty of entertainment for the lonely traveller. The price of which, I am not sure! Well positioned close to the centre and the football stadium is directly behind for the footy fans next summer! Reasonable rates for the location. Breakfast very good! Enjoy.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 28 November 2011

For Westerners Kiev is a challenge, hotel standards vary a lot, prices are ranging from high to prohibitively high. Hotel RUS can be regarded as something in the middle, standard is not impressive but acceptable. The hotel is clearly old Soviet communist style. Standard and business rooms are generally small, bathrooms tiny, but it works. Breakfast buffet is a positive surprise. Location is also a plus, city centre is within walking distance. All in all you feel relatively comfortable in spite of many obvious minuses compared with western hotels. Sushi Bar on the lobby level serve astonishingly nice sushi! And of course, the satisfaction of paying only 25% of what is charged in the newly built luxury hotels in the city, is a plus in itself.

Room Tip: Check directly with the hotel for special offers, don't rely 100% on hotelsites' best price...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank scand3388
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I stayed here in June 2007 and have just stayed there again on the basis of my first experience.

I did all booking with the hotel by email and got the booking confirmation necessary for my visa application (which had to go to Canberra, Australia).

I booked for 3 nights from 29 October, then changed to 5 then 7 nights (shortened up my stay in Istanbul). I was also able to pay a supplement for when my friend stayed with me. The additional charge was 120 UAH (USD 15) per night. Not excessive. Front desk were very helpful with my changes.

The standard room we had was comfortable and value for money (990 UAH –USD 123 for double occupancy). Quality and large choice of options at breakfast added value.

The travel desk personnel also provided great service around my change in flights. Charges were better than I could find on the internet and quite reasonable Also when room service was required, it happened immediately.

All requirements re changed bookings, travel arrangements, attractions, shortcut to the metro, internet use - all questions and requirements were politely and helpfully dealt with.
It is big and busy but not at all impersonal.

They managed to provide quality service in all aspects. I have no concerns and no criticisms. I would certainly stay there again.

DCtheKiwi