All reviews art nouveau boxed lunch restaurant downstairs live piano cash machine blue line complimentary bottles of water short walk to the metro restaurants and bars great hotel chernobyl museum quiet area beds were comfortable classic style local dishes yogurt the room was nice
Reviewed August 28, 2018

The decor of this fantastic Hotel is from the turn of the 20th Century, Starting with the hand-painted murals in the Lobby and on the Breakfast lounge on the top floor.
The restaurant on the main floor is simply very Elligent and Beautiful and the chandeliers and lighting in the restaurant are magnificent and adds a warm ambiance to the room and the food and service throughout the hotel were excellent, some of the best I have ever experienced in a hotel in my travels. I would highly recommend this fantastic hotel if you are traveling to Kiev, Ukraine. I plan on being a guest there again.
This review is based on my stay at the Hotel back in December 2016.

Room tip: You won't be sorry or disappointed if you stay at this Hotel, Their approach to "Service" will spoil you.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Classic hotel ( I think it is a soviat style), very helpful staff
Clean and nice room
Cosy and warm
Very good location
Air conditioned
Free car parking
I really recommend this hotel and I can visit them again

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2018

We had asked for baby cot before even booking the hotel and also via e-mail once the room was booked. We were told it will be waiting for us by the time of our arrival. Unfortunately that was not the case.

They accused us of clogging a toilet with a baby diaper although our baby does not need diapers anymore.

The breakfast was perfect and the rooms are very clean. We liked the style. They can also provide shuttle from airport to hotel, which is great.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I had no idea what to expect coming to the Ukraine, this hotel has been one of the nicest hotels I’ve ever stayed in and we always stay in Hilton’s. The food here has been amazing, my room was super clean and cleaned perfect every day with no worry to lock small items in the safe. The staff is so thoughtful and professional. I will be back very soon! Thank you Staro Hotel!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

My sister and I booked a surprise hotel on Hotwire in Kiev and received this one, we weren’t too sure what to expect after seeing the pictures online but when we got there the young lady at the front desk was incredibly welcoming, pleasant, and helpful.
The room was clean and, while a bit eccentric, fit the art nouveau theme of the hotel. Everything worked as it should. The only complaint I have was that the shower head was a bit on the low side and being 193cm tall it was a bit too short for me.
In the morning we were treated to a delicious breakfast, the croissants were filled with a jam or jelly of some kind, whatever it was, it was amazing. And who can argue with pirogies for breakfast. It was a buffet, so I’m sure there was something for everyone... even a bowl full of m&m’s.
The young man at the front desk in the morning was also very helpful and answered all of the questions we had.
We were very impressed by the hotel, it’s staff, and Kiev itself that we extended our stay by an extra day.

Date of stay: July 2018