“Excellent Hotel for the price”
Review of Slavutych Hotel

Ranked #62 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed 2 October 2015

I stayed at this hotel the last week in September 2015, and for the cost of staying here I really wasn't expecting much.
I was pleasantly surprised by the level of hospitality at the Slavutych, the staff were extremely helpful and I was always greeted with a smile.
The staff on the reception desk spoke exception English and were always willing to help.
I was travelling solo and only had the most basic room for my stay, but even this was clean and tidy, only let down by the décor.
My bathroom was functional but in bad need of refurbishment, unfortunately this made the bathroom feel a bit dirty although it was perfectly clean.
Fresh towels were put out on a daily basis and the bedroom was cleaned.
Room service is available to guests 24/7.
Breakfast was available but I just had a coffee outside in the covered patio lounge.
Although this hotel is not very central to the main part of Kiev, there are still many bars and restaurants within walking distance.
If anyone reading this review is planning on staying at this hotel, and will be arriving a Boryspol Airport. Then I strongly advise you to book the Hotel shuttle service as the taxi's at the Airport will charge you four times what it should be.
All said and done, I had a lovely stay at the Slavutych, and I would not hesitate to book here again in the future.
Ken from England.

Room Tip: Best views are at the front overlooking the river, best above the tenth floor.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Daria Z, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Slavutych Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting an informative review of your stay at Slavutych hotel!
We are grateful to you for pointing out so many positive aspects of your stay.
First of all we are glad you enjoyed the services provided by our personnel. Hospitality and helpfulness are basis of our work! And our front desk team was happy to hear such a nice comments. These are the best motivator for our team to continue aiming higher.
We are glad you have appreciated the functionality of the room despite its density and found it’s clean and tidy. We try to create comfortable conditions for each of our Guests.
Also we are pleased you liked our location. Really, there is beautiful walking embankment with many restaurants and bars near our hotel.
Separately, we want to thank you for useful recommendations you left for another Guests.
We always welcome our Gguests and are willing to help with any questions!
Thank you once again and we are looking forward to see you soon in our hotel!

Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

I have been to many hotels in UA (Kiev, Odessa, L'vov etc) and experienced a great variety of standards there. This hotel is somewhere in the upper segment - for the category I mean. Little-by-little the try to overhaul the old building, so many floor are looking really acceptable even for Western Europeans. The breakfast is OK. Wifi is sporadic, but in the lobby and the corridors it is functioning well, and it is free. No Western TV, bring your entertainment. No problem with running hot water - as of lately. Staff was always friendly.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Daria Z, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Slavutych Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015

Dear Guest!
Thank you for taking time to post your warming review on the Tripadvisor.
We are very pleased you were satisfied with your choice to stay with us.
First of all we are deeply grateful you appreciate the work of our team. It’s very important for us you note the results of our fruitful work, day by day we strive to improve the quality of our service.
Guest satisfaction is our first aim and our staff do their best to provide our guests with a good service.
Thank you once again for your valuable review!
We sincerely hope to see you among our regular guests!

Reviewed 31 July 2015

Well, don't expect too much (or even much), but for that price - taking into account Kyiv's crazy hotel prices - it's OK. Breakfast is just as expected, that is, modest.

Good car parking is an additional plus.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2015

Slavutych hotel is a good yet not too central choice for your stay in Kyiv/Kiev. Do not forget to book the breakfast because it is a great start for the day. All of the staff are very friendly and helpfull. The hotel might not look attractive from the outside and the rooms may seem a little old, the hotel/room has everything I needed: free wifi, bathroom with all I need (hot shower!), working desk with chair, okay bed, small balcony, enough space and build in closet to put away your clothes and stuff. Supermarket is just a couple minutes walk around the corner. The metro is almost half an hour walk, but on the main road with the bridge (just a couple minutes walk) stop multiple busses so my trip to Zhuliany airport took no more than 40 minutes. Although I could prefer a more centrally located hotel, the Slavutych hotel is a good (and cheaper) choice when searching a place to stay in Kyiv.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Daria Z, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Slavutych Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2015

Dear our valued Guest!
We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing hotel Slavutych and for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.
We are glad you enjoyed staying in our hotel. It’s pleasure for us you appreciated comfort and facilities of our rooms and it’s great to read you pointed our staff is hospitable and friendly. Special thanks you recommended order our breakfasts.
Certainly we want to thank you that you noted the value for money of our service.
You are really right our hotel has indeed perfect location concerning two airports (International airport Kyiv (Zhuliany) and International airport Boryspil) and good transport interchange generally. At the same time the hotel is situated near the beautiful walking embankment.
Believe, your compliments are the best motivator for our team to do our service better and better.
Thank you once again for a valuable feedback and hope to see you back soon !

Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

I stayed at this Hotel from Monday to Friday and have nothing to complain about.
Everyone was friendly and helpful. At the entrance were always several body-guards that gave me the feeling of being safe.
The neighbourhood looked well taken care of and you could see a lot of people on the tiver bank, taking a break or walking their dogs.
Inside the Hotel, you have to remind yourself that this is not a recente western style Hotel but in fact an not so new eastern europe construction.
The decoration is simple and rooms are large enough, considering you want to use your room for sleeping purposes only. Inside the room you have good-working airconditioning, refrigerator and a TV. My bathroom had shower only, which suits me.
I recomend you avoid the balcony, if you observe the surrounding ones, it looks like they will start falling apart any minute, in the upper floors. Breakfast could be better, but then again, this is not Paris.
The view you get over the monuments across the river is great so I managed to explore the small balcony after all.
I stayed in the 5th flour, south wing . When I opened the door to the north wing I realized it was still raw concrete and all the rooms were unfinished. Looks like they only use half the building.
Within a 5 minute walking distance you can find a small Mall with supermarket.
The overall resu of my evaluation is that I was happy to stay here because there are jmany other Hotels, at the same price, which are really bad. Thank you for a peacefull stay.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Daria Z, Manager at Slavutych Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2015

Dear our valued Guest!
Thank you very much for staying at Slavutych Hotel and for taking the time to tell us in details about your impressions. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in so many different aspects.
First of all we are pleased, that your stay in our hotel was safe and comfortable. We are glad to read that you pointed out friendliness and proffesionalism of our team. Also we are pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location, embankment with many restaurants and shops and of course our comfortable rooms.
We are very sorry inconvenience regarding your stay with us. Let us assure you that we try to do our best to improve the quality of our service and surely we pay attention to the conditions of our balconies. Your compliments are the best motivator for our team to continue aiming higher.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Slavutych Hotel!

Reviewed 3 March 2015

I took a Taxi from the airport and got their and the door was opened for me and the luggage was taken upstairs and the staff was courteous!!The Maids were excellent and i requested a heater and i received it immediately and the coffee shop and bar downstairs was good and the people were friendly and its a good place with restaurants around that have very good food and Pizza and stores to buy beer and soap and choclate and supermarkets are close by and you have a river walk and a bridge you can walk across to go to parks and if you need a cab or to take the bus everything is their!!Location location location is everything and the staff is very friendly and nice!

Room Tip: Tell them you want a room in the front of the hotel and not the back!Better views!THE wifi is outsid...
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Tatiana M, Manager at Slavutych Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2015

Dear Gabrielori!
Thank you very much for choosing Slavutych Hotel and a special thank you for having shared your impressions of your visit!
We are very pleased that you emphasized the advantage of the location of our hotel. We are glad to know that you liked the service and that our staff was friendly, polite and willing to help. For us is very important to know that you enjoyed the time you spent with us. We look forward to your visit during your next trip to Kiev! Welcome!

Tatiana Melnichenko
Reservation manager

Reviewed 17 September 2014

Apparently, in order to get a visa for Ukraine you have to first get an invitation from a Ukrainian tourist operator (travel agency based inside Ukraine), which will then send it to the travel agency in your country, who will in turn send it to the local embassy/consulate in your country, along with all other required documents (plane ticket, financial guarantee, etc. and of course the hotel booking). Talk about bureaucracy and paper work! Without the invitation letter from the Ukrainian tourist operator, you cannot apply for the visa! I got to choose this hotel from a catalog of available hotels which my travel agency showed me. Of course I didn't want something expensive and this was the cheapest hotel I could find for my budget.

Anyway, the hotel is located not too far from downtown (Independence Square) or as they call it in the local language (Medan Nezerestarov or something of that sort)-it's a really long name!

The reception staff are not friendly and seem very stiff and not smiling. Maybe it's the Ukrainian way I guess. There is a restaurant on one of the upper floors. The room was not bad but very basic with a desk, telephone, bathroom, single bed (quite small), but the curtains do not block the light when it's daytime so I couldn't get any sleep after sunrise.

Overall I had a pleasant stay, and there is a bus stop right outside of the hotel which can take you to the nearest underground station (yes they have a tube or metro or whatever you want to call it in your language in Ukraine also), which is actually very good and efficient although it can be a bit crowded and most of the people speak barely any English, let alone any other language besides their own and of course Russian.

The hotel is about 15-20 minutes from Hydropark Beach which is a nice local beach on a nearby island inside a river.

Room Tip: Choose a room with proper curtains or you will have bright light in your room as soon as it is dayti...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Tatiana M, Manager at Slavutych Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2014

Dear Mr. Ahmed!

We appreciate very much, that you found time to share your impressions about staying at Slavutych hotel.
It is great to know that you choose our hotel from another hotels in Kiev and that your stay with us was pleasant. We are very sorry that our reception staff has seemed for you not friendly. But it was many years ago.
Now in our hotel a lot has changed. Here working friendly and polite staff. We provide special hospitality trainings for our team. Also we have opened the cozy Restaurant Porto on the 1st floor where serving traditional dishes of Ukrainian and European cuisine.
We sincerely hope to see you again in our Slavutych hotel. It would be a true honor for us to welcome you back on your next visit to Kiev!

Tatiana Melnichenko