“Needs updating”
Review of Slavutych Hotel

Ranked #58 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed 13 May 2017

My review based on September 2015:

This is an old Soviet-era building in much need of a facelift. My host said this hotel was once popular with international travelers during communist times. When we first drove up, my spoiled American instinct said: "there is NO way I'm staying here". Then my sense of adventure kicked in and I thought it might make for an interesting experience. The ground floor is nice but the age is apparent when you see the other floors.

Room was small. The bathroom was small. Great views of the city but I wasn't sure if the narrow balcony was meant, or safe, to be walked on so I took all of my photos from the door.

We encountered one English speaking staff member. There was a currency exchange in the lobby with very limited hours. We did not use them since there were better rates elsewhere. There was a simple, buffet style breakfast available near the bar that was good. There is a disco and restaurant connected to the hotel that appeared popular but we did not go in.

All arrangement were made for us so I can't speak to the reservation system or costs. I do know compared to American equivalents, and with the favorable exchange rates, most hotels in Ukraine are a bargain.

This was my first and only time in Kyiv so I have nothing to compare it to. I stayed in hotels in Rivne and Ternopil that were much nicer so I can imagine there are better options in this city if you desire.

Room Tip: Nice views but doesn't seem close to any major attractions.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Slavutych Hotel

Reviewed 13 March 2016

Nice and simple hotel for the traveller who doesn´t want to spend to much for a room.

Nice Art Deco inspired bar 27/7. Also a nice and actually quite nice patio outside.

Located a bit far away from Slavurich metro, but you can take a bus from around 400 meters away and you will be in the city in no time :)

A big but not noisy hotel.

Supermarket, banks and plenty of nice and affordable restaurants just around the corner.

Stayed in Slavutich twice, would come Again.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2015

Ok so this is a cheap hotel. Our room was classified as superior double by Expedia and studio double by the hotel. For the price it was extremely good value. I must admit it needs new carpets in the room and the curtains didn't cover the entire vast window but in the winter it doesn't matter.
The bed was very comfortable, the shower was powerful and hot, the room temp was perfect . It was lovely to have two armchairs and a table.
Lots of plug sockets and lighting
Lovely staff
An easy and very frequent bus ride to the metro (4 stops and very cheap) . Never waited more than a couple of minutes for the bus.
I have stayed here before and will again.

Stayed: December 2015
Reviewed 22 November 2015

The hotel is very old. It could called "classic USSR" style, but it's just really old, seems it hasn't had any renovation since it's built. The staff is alright, but I can't say they're friendly or helpful. It's located quite far from the metro station so you should use a bus to get to metro or taxi. There;re just a few positive things I can say about it: the price and the view to the river and park.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Daria Z, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Slavutych Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2015

Thank you for your opinion about your stay in Slavutych hotel.
We are really upset you have not fully satisfied with our services. We would like to assure you we work on the renovation of our rooms and step by step improve the quality of our services.
On the other hand we are glad you enjoyed our value for money and had the opportunity to enjoy a beautiful view during your stay in our hotel.
Your comments and opinions are very important for us, because one of the main our aim is comfort of every our Guest!
Sincerely hope you’ll visit our hotel again and your impressions will be better!

Reviewed 2 October 2015

I stayed at this hotel the last week in September 2015, and for the cost of staying here I really wasn't expecting much.
I was pleasantly surprised by the level of hospitality at the Slavutych, the staff were extremely helpful and I was always greeted with a smile.
The staff on the reception desk spoke exception English and were always willing to help.
I was travelling solo and only had the most basic room for my stay, but even this was clean and tidy, only let down by the décor.
My bathroom was functional but in bad need of refurbishment, unfortunately this made the bathroom feel a bit dirty although it was perfectly clean.
Fresh towels were put out on a daily basis and the bedroom was cleaned.
Room service is available to guests 24/7.
Breakfast was available but I just had a coffee outside in the covered patio lounge.
Although this hotel is not very central to the main part of Kiev, there are still many bars and restaurants within walking distance.
If anyone reading this review is planning on staying at this hotel, and will be arriving a Boryspol Airport. Then I strongly advise you to book the Hotel shuttle service as the taxi's at the Airport will charge you four times what it should be.
All said and done, I had a lovely stay at the Slavutych, and I would not hesitate to book here again in the future.
Ken from England.

Room Tip: Best views are at the front overlooking the river, best above the tenth floor.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Daria Z, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Slavutych Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting an informative review of your stay at Slavutych hotel!
We are grateful to you for pointing out so many positive aspects of your stay.
First of all we are glad you enjoyed the services provided by our personnel. Hospitality and helpfulness are basis of our work! And our front desk team was happy to hear such a nice comments. These are the best motivator for our team to continue aiming higher.
We are glad you have appreciated the functionality of the room despite its density and found it’s clean and tidy. We try to create comfortable conditions for each of our Guests.
Also we are pleased you liked our location. Really, there is beautiful walking embankment with many restaurants and bars near our hotel.
Separately, we want to thank you for useful recommendations you left for another Guests.
We always welcome our Gguests and are willing to help with any questions!
Thank you once again and we are looking forward to see you soon in our hotel!

Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

I have been to many hotels in UA (Kiev, Odessa, L'vov etc) and experienced a great variety of standards there. This hotel is somewhere in the upper segment - for the category I mean. Little-by-little the try to overhaul the old building, so many floor are looking really acceptable even for Western Europeans. The breakfast is OK. Wifi is sporadic, but in the lobby and the corridors it is functioning well, and it is free. No Western TV, bring your entertainment. No problem with running hot water - as of lately. Staff was always friendly.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Daria Z, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Slavutych Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015

Dear Guest!
Thank you for taking time to post your warming review on the Tripadvisor.
We are very pleased you were satisfied with your choice to stay with us.
First of all we are deeply grateful you appreciate the work of our team. It’s very important for us you note the results of our fruitful work, day by day we strive to improve the quality of our service.
Guest satisfaction is our first aim and our staff do their best to provide our guests with a good service.
Thank you once again for your valuable review!
We sincerely hope to see you among our regular guests!

Reviewed 31 July 2015

Well, don't expect too much (or even much), but for that price - taking into account Kyiv's crazy hotel prices - it's OK. Breakfast is just as expected, that is, modest.

Good car parking is an additional plus.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple