All reviews teatro restaurant leading hotels of the world molton brown toiletries excellent hotel sauna and jacuzzi star hotel quiet location room service standard room excellent breakfast business trip professional staff borscht rooms are comfortable city centre mini bar enjoyed my stay
Reviewed October 15, 2018

My favorite thing about this hotel is the breakfast. We stayed with our group for 4 nights and by day 2 our waiter, the Captain, would bring our individually preferred drinks to us without even asking. He was absolutely exceptional in every way in terms of the service provided. I've stayed at some of the world's best hotels and this breakfast and the service provided by that waiter tops them all. He was the main reason we were sad to leave.

In terms of the hotel itself, the rooms are comfortable and service is good. The design of the rooms is a bit dated and could use some updating, but for the location, the comfort, and the breakfast, this remains my top choice in Kyiv.

Rooms and bathrooms are large and Molton Brown toiletries are nice. :) I loved taking a bath and relaxing with the Molton Brown scented bubbles.

We were on a 2-week trip through 3 countries and staying at some exceptional hotels, and everyone said this hotel's breakfast was the best by far. I look forward to returning.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Irina_Lipatova, Manager at Opera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Dear Mr Alan H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your absolutely fantastic review and recommendation of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is truly rewarding to learn of your pleasant experience and that we had exceeded your expectations in many aspects of your stay.
I will pass on your kind comments to all members of our team, which I know will act as a great motivator.

Reviewed October 11, 2018

Nice building, nice decoration. Plenty of staff, many of them speak good English (a bit rare in Kiev).The rooms are fairly small and but clean and neat.However, the beds where a nightmare. We did complain several times (stayed for 3 nights), and where promised it would be taken care off. (Been having constant back pain since I came back home nearly a week ago).For the price you expect at least mediocre IKEA beds, not something that competes and nearly gets beaten by a park bench.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World

Dear Johan M,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Opera Hotel.
As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation, therefore, it saddens me to see that your stay wasn’t as smooth as you had expected, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Please rest assured that your comments are duly noted and forwarded to the management team for further consideration.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

For my first stay in Kiev, this was an excellemt hotel both in location and amenities.
Its a 10 min walk to the nearest metro station or about 20 min walk to the central shopping street.
The staff were all very friendly and kind without exception, the receptionists, bell boys and bar staff.
The bar is a great place to relax in the evening if you dont fancy venturing out and the spa is very quiet. I was the only person using the only person in there on one afternoon.
Food also amazing and cooked fresh, good value too. The way they serve coffee with the little cakes on the side is sweet.
Rooms clean and comfortable and very well cared for. Coukdnt find any milk for tea/coffee in the room was the only thing.
I hope to return to Kiev and if I do i will definitely stay here!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Irina_Lipatova, Manager at Opera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Dear Vikki B,

It is truly rewarding to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at Opera Hotel and we do appreciate your compliments with regards to the service delivery, bar and food quality.

Thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed in this fantastic hotel for 4 nights. What ever I can say about it will not be enough . Everything was excellent
From reception to rooms cleanliness to food and beverage staff to bar staff to bellmen all were great
Breakfast was one of the best I ever had in a hotel
I recommend this hotel very highly
I will be back

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Galal E
Irina_Lipatova, Manager at Opera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Dear Mr Galal E,

Thank you for taking time to share your absolutely fantastic review and recommendation on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to learn of your pleasant experience and will pass on your kind comments to all members of our team, which I know will act as a great motivator.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back with us at Opera Hotel again soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

i'v been to this hotel before but every time i get back to this hotel i'm happy, the service is great, the staff is so nice and helpfull - the hotel is nice and beautiful, also you will get a nice and very clean room, and you will have everything you need for short stay.
may be it's not located right in the center - but its close enough even by short walk (or if you are lazy take uber it's very cheap there) and this is also it's upside - the neighborhood is nice and quiet.
this hotel gives you a very good value for you money, and i will probably continue to come back to this hotel in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere gratitude for your absolutely amazing review and giving such kind recommendation for Opera Hotel to the fellow travelers. I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we are looking forward to host you again during your next visit to Kyiv.

Kind regards,