“Granada-Managua-Nicaragua Program”

Viva Spanish School
More attraction details
Owner description: Viva Spanish School is Nicaragua's leading Spanish language school. Our programs focus on teaching Spanish to non-Spanish speakers. Our students include Embassy employees and their families, NGOs and mission groups, medical teams, university students and tourists. We offer cost effective, one-on-one classes with a flexible curriculum designed to meet the individual goals of our students.
SEATTLE
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Granada-Managua-Nicaragua Program”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2009

I took Spanish lessons at this Viva Spanish School in Managua and I can definitely recommend everything there. The teachers and staff are very friendly. They have also a new and very interesting cultural program. They all were very nice and tried to help me as much as possible with everything I needed. They have a school in Granada, but it is run under a different name, so I am attending Ave Nicaraguita in Granada and the people associated with this school are great folks. The school Ave Nicaraguita funds many projects in a barrio to help underprivilidged children and people who are looking for work. I have been to see them myself. My instructor has excellent credentials from a university, but more importantly, an infinite supply of patience and a real desire to teach. It is very important that you ask for a one on one program. KBT.

7 Thank kevinb77

San Francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nicaragua Spanish School”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2008

I studied for four weeks while working with an NGO operation in Managua. I attended Viva Spanish School after investigating several of the Nicaragua Spanish schools. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend it. The schools caters to probably 30% tourists and the rest are NGO workers or embassy workers. The teachers were great and I really improved my espanol in a very short amount of time. Nicaragua is really cool too. Check out Volcan Santiago, the new cathedral in Managua, take a tour of Granada and check out the artists market in Masaya. Ask the school to help you set up transportation. Dont go to the casinos!! Also go to the Chocoyero Nature Reserve. All within 45 minutes of Managua.

5 Thank Managuaman1
Rochester
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Viva Spanish School Managua nicaragua”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2008

I traveled thru Central America, starting with traveling thru Mexico. My mission was basically to meet people and to learn Spanish. I met some great people from all over the world. The reason that i am writing this is just to give an honorable mention to Viva Spanish School in managua Nicaragua. I spent 10 days there and did a homestay with a Nica family. I was the best part of my trip. I took a few tours of the volcanoes, lakes and markets. The staff at the school arranged everything for me, including my homestay and tours. Nicaragua is for the off-beat traveler like myself. I would highly recommend it if you're an adventurous spirit!

7 Thank Lyndonxx