All reviews la fontana breakfast buffet lots of fresh fruit nice view of the city business trip coffee maker pleasant stay the hotel staff very nice hotel enjoyed my stay pool area would stay again rooms are clean stayed one night nice pool central america pollo
Reviewed May 23, 2018

The Hotel Barcelo Managua, Nicaragua is a nice and comfortable five star hotel in Managua, the Capital City of Nicaragua, booked at discounted price, in a good location at the outskirts of the city (not far away from the city center) and the Lake of Managua (e.g. Puerto Salvador Allente, etc.).
The Hotel Barcelo Managua in Nicaragua has spacious, large rooms, very clean and safe with excellent bedding (and enough charging possibilities for your devices (e.g. mobile phone, etc.) The breakfast was complimentary and very good.
The Hotel Barcelo Managua provided also a satisfactory array of amenities.
The Swimming Pool was very good (open air) and the Gym was also satisfactory (we were happy to use both of them).
The service of the personnel was excellent (helpful, attentive and friendly)
The prices of the restaurant were very competitive and the dinner was excellent (delicious and very tasteful).
Throughout the hotel the WiFi was free and without any problems.
In conclusion, at The Hotel Barcelo Managua I liked and enjoyed my stay (very good value for money) and I would stay again if the offered price is affordable (preferably at discounted prices) and if the opportunity arises.

Date of stay: April 2018
Barcelo M, Guest Relations Manager at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for the great feedback of your recent holiday experience at our Barceló Managua, guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that, we are happy our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for making us your choice hotel when visiting the area.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

For a business trip, this is a good spot. It is above the city, so is a little cooler but the hotel is a little tired and as is typical in Central America, bureaucracy is stifling. When you check in they take your credit card but this only covers the room. If you want to charge anything to your room you have to go back to the reception and go through the process again. Why I don't know but it is annoying.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Barcelo M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for your insights following your recent visit. We always look for ways to improve and your comments are crucial to our future success.

We were most concerned to read your remarks on the service you expérienced whilst staying among us, mostly because your comments do not reflect the usual standard of service we strive to ensure for our guests, nevertheless please rest assured that your review will be shared with our head of departments for information and further revision.

Thank you once again for making us your choice hotel and for your constructive critics, we certaily look forward to serving you again and to have the opportunity to exceed you expectations in a not too distant future.

Reviewed April 18, 2018

I stayed in the hotel just for a 2 days business trip, not much time to know it well, hotel seems in good shape, restaurant has a good quality food, breakfast was average, room was nice, I booked via a web service and I received a suite which is large and comfortable.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Barcelo M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Dear Guest

We greatly appreciate the time you spent to review your recent experience in our hotel, at Barceló we always strive to exceed guests' expectations and your comments will help our teams reaching that goal.

We also greatly appreciate your comments on the quality of our buffets because our talented team of Chefs strive to ensure a wide variety of both local and international delicacies for each service to please all palates, it is indeed very rewarding to read that we were able to conquer yours.

Again we thank you for this very kind review of our hotel and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 15, 2018

I stayed here while on Vacation in Managua. The staff at this hotel were very attentive and my room was always fully stocked with all items. I liked the layout of the suite that I stayed in. My minor complaints are 1) how outdated the room was. The design felt like I was in the 90s and did seem to meet the class of the hotel. 2) The WiFi was horrible. It was barely usable due to the low speed. Some parts of the room did not even have signal.

Other than that, we enjoyed our stay here and were comfortable.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank abiezerfraga
Barcelo M, Guest Service at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind comment as these help us to maintain or improve the service we are providing, in the same way we want to take advantage of to inform you that we will soon be doing remodeling in our facilities always focused on provide the best to our customers.

We hope to receive you soon and that you can see the changes.

Francella Moreno
Guest Service

Reviewed April 11, 2018

My couple and I decided to spent two nights at Barcelo Managua last sixth and seveth of April.
we definetly loved it, the location is perfect, nice view of the city from the Restaurant,
the rooms are CLEAN, CONFORTABLE and QUIET, everything on regards to the rooms seemed to me PERFECT.
it would not be fair not to mention all the efforts of their staff to make us feel like at home.
I am thankful to Barcelo and their employees for giving us such a pleasent feeling of discretion and privacy, but most importantly their kindness.
On the other hand the guys of reception need a little training on how greet and make the guests feel welcomed.
However I bring this out to light as a wake up call, for this is something that can be easily improved.
Food at the restaurants was EXQUISITE!
the first night we were a little tired and decided to order some food from EL Restaurante LA FONTANA, room service was fast and efficient and a smily lady brought us some delicious food.
The Buffet has a whole variety of options at the breakfast time and the waiters are so NICE.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BARCELO MANAGUA.
I simply loved it.

Dave Trana.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Barcelo M, Guest Service at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for such a great comment, we are pleased to know that we have been able to meet your expectations and make your stay a pleasant one. In the same way we want to thank for your constructive criticism and we guarantee that we will put them into practice to improve, comments like yours are what drives us to improve daily to meet the expectations of our customers.

Thank you for commenting on the beautiful view from the restaurant and the exquisites of our gastronomic offer, our chefs strive every day to prepare dishes that delight all palates.

Best regards,