“Tranquil City Setting”

Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Tranquil City Setting”
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I can't say enough about how great the staff and the Villa Maya hotel was. My aunt stayed their a few days before us and they upgraded her without hesitation. We had family come say their goodbyes throughout the day and the staff was so pleasant and accommodating.

The hotel is kept pristine, there are corners throughout the property to sit and absorb the well kept garden and pool area. The rooms are super clean and beds really comfortable.

My flight was very early, and the staff made sure to have breakfast for me even though they didn't begin serving for another two hours. They also arranged a taxi to the hotel with a very nice and reliable man who works with them exclusively. The issue of safety and taxis can be an issue in Managua, and this relationship with their taxi driver made me feel safe and secure.

All in all, a treasure in a very nice part of the city (actually the most exclusive part of the city), and I will be staying there again on my next trip.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Cellita1
VillaMaya, Propietario at Hotel Boutique Villa Maya, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear guests:

I take this opportunity to thank you for allowing us to serve you. Thanks to your reviews, we were awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2012 from Trip Advisor. This award commits us to pursue further in our efforts to make a difference in the type of hotel services provided by the tourism industry in Nicaragua.

Vilma C. Barrientos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sierra Madre, California
Reviewed 6 December 2011

In late November I had my second stay at the Villa Maya and it was just as amazing as the first. I could tell that the owners are putting more money into the hotel. I noticed a few small upgrades since my last stay. The hotel was very accommodating and Lily at the front desk went out of her way to make sure I was comfortable during my five night stay. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Managua area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Astroph

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2011

The hotel is a very nice combination of bed and breakfast and hotel. The garden is very nice with lots of space for relaxation. It is not far from the city but feals like the courtryside. I had a very nice stay with very friendly staff and would go again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank EgS82

Managua, Nicaragua
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I've stayed here many times... i can't avoid saying that it is an awesome hotel; makes you feel like home; the staff is so caring; you feel loved and that they really care about you; they welcomed you with a smile and always being at your service.

It's located in a very quiet community; so i feel relaxed.

i would definitely recommend it...

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gbsramirez
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I absolutely loved my stay in this boutique-style hotel. Food was great, and overall atmosphere was so nice and peaceful. There's a pool where I didnt hesitate to spend the afternoon after I was done with my day. I don't understand why other reviewers called it 'decent'. The place is beyond nicely decorated and the staff was very friendly. I am extremely picky about clean hotels, and this place was spotless. In my opinion the hotel is well managed and I'd stay there next time without looking any further.

Room Tip: Just make sure to make your reservation in advance
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alba C

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Hotel Boutique Villa Maya is a unique spot apart from the noisy streets of Managua yet minutes away from the heart of the city. Situated in the highlands of Managua, this hotel provides a great view to the landscape of Managua and the comfort only nature can offer. Combined with an excellent customer service, tasteful home-made local meals, this hotel offers the best bang for the buck in town if you are looking. The hotel is very quiet, with nicely decorated rooms and a backyard with a tempting pool where you can take a dip after a long sunny day. Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Rodrigo Q

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 22 August 2011

its not a bad hotel, average. i stayed here instead of hotel beneficial because I was just in for a day and needed to visit a friend in Las Colinas where this place is at. If I didn´t need to be in this part of town, I´d have preferred Hotel Beneficial which is more like a hotel and where the staff have time to help you. Could give a free bottle of water like beneficial does too as the tap water here is yucky.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank missibehavin
VillaMaya, Owner at Hotel Boutique Villa Maya, responded to this review, 28 August 2011
I was very surprised to read your comment since you mentioned several details which contradict set practices at our hotel. You wrote there was no bottled water offered, but we offer it to each one of our guests as soon as they walk in as one of our choices as a courtesy drink; also, we provide bottled water in each room. As a boutique hotel, we enjoy providing personalized attention to our guests; our staff is devoted to provide customer satisfaction and it has been rewarded with many excellent comments from our satisfied guests. Finally, I went through our registration records and did not find anyone from Madrid registered in August; as required by local law, all of our guests have to register and provide proper ID, which we copy and keep with the registration forms. There is no way a guest can stay in our hotel without being registered.
I invite you to visit us and experience staying at Hotel Boutique Villa Maya, FOR FREE.