All reviews the penthouse casco viejo private room hostel rooms air conditioning bathrooms and showers old mansion big kitchen beautiful hostel top floor great place to stay no elevator common room fish market other travelers quiet at night third floor
Reviewed July 28, 2018

We knew nothing of Panama except everyone telling us to stay in Casco Viejo. So we planned months in advance only to have our original hotel cancel on us at the last minute. Lucky for us! We stumbled upon Magnolia Inn instead. We decided on the Penthouse (3A) - and found it to be perfect - very charming, clean and quiet. The bathroom was nice with plenty of towels, the wet bar had a small sink, small fridge and offered ceramic coffee cups and glassware, small coffee pot with complimentary coffee and waters - super fast wifi. We enjoyed the four grand marble flights of stairs not even noticing there is no elevator. Since it's also a hostel we enjoyed using the common room and kitchen and meeting other travelers. The Inn felt safe and friendly, the staff was very accommodating and there was always a taxi waiting outside. The location is desirable, easy walks any direction to all parts of Casco Viejo. Emmanuelle was especially helpful, giving us advice and directions, and helped arrange taxis for excursions and set up a wonderful last minute tour to Monkey Island (ask for Miguel!). La Rana Dorada is a microbrew with great pizza and the best ceviche just on the corner, Café Unido a block up is must if you like coffee and pastries, and La Rey market 2 blocks away has just about anything you might want or need food and sundry. The rooftop bars are all close by and easy to get to, but while you can hear them at night in the room, the sound was muted enough to sleep. The Inn really added to our overall Panama experience. We loved Panama and all the people we met!

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank SBaloha
Magnolia I, Gerente at Magnolia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Dear Sbaloha, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a detailed review of our accommodation. It makes us super happy that you enjoyed staying with us and that we were of help. Casco Viejo is definitely a top neighborhood in Panama full of history and culture making it a great experience for our guests. We will give your shout out to Emanuelle and hope you come to visit us again soon. Kind Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

All good. Comfortable, clean, great location, quiet at night which can be hard to find in Casco. Definitely a good deal. Friendly helpful people worked at the front desk our entire stay. The room was always clean after a day of exploring.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Kimberly, we are so happy you enjoyed staying at Magnolia and feel like recommending it to others.
Our team members love helping guests enjoy Panama to the fullest and making sure your room is always fresh for relaxing after a long day.
Visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2018

I have rarely been so happy about my choice of a hotel in a city I didn't know much about beforehand. The room my son and I stayed in was clean, nice, comfortable, and calm! The staff were very friendly, answering every single one of my many questions and giving me good advices about getting around and not spending money unnecessarily. I can really recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Mafalda
Thank you for your lovely comments, we are glad we were a positive surprise.
We are all about giving our guests the best information with tips about tours, activities or just on how to get around easily in Panama
Hope you come to visit again soon,

Reviewed June 26, 2018

This was my first solo trip and first time to Panama. I had this hotel recommended to me by the Casco Antiguo Spanish School where I was studying Spanish for the week.I stayed here mid April and I absolutely loved my stay! I stayed in a hotel not hostel room.

As far as staff goes, Alena, the manager was an absolute delight. She really went out of her way to find me a quiet room as I am a light sleeper and also checked in on me almost daily to make sure I was enjoying my stay and attended to any needs that I had. The other staff were also always SO friendly and ready to help with anything. I am big on customer service and this entire team is simply wonderful.

The hotel itself is super nice! It is clean and an old building that has been renovated so it is super cute. The bed was very comfortable and it is located in an awesome spot right in Casco Viejo. It is right among plenty of restaurants, ice cream shops, bars and even a market across the street if you need something quick like a soda.

I felt incredibly safe here (I was a female traveling solo so safety is important!) and the hotel even has a buzzer that you need to press to be let in and out which was also reassuring. Some nights I sat on the balcony to have a snack or drink and watch people in the streets.

I felt that for the price, this was a great deal and would gladly stay here again on my next visit to Panama!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2018

We really enjoyed our last nights in Panama staying in this hotel. The private room was very nice and we really felt we could relax after so many days of travel. The staff was friendly and helpful. Staying in the old city of Panama was a very nice experience as well.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela B
Magnolia I, Gerente at Magnolia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Angela, Thank you for your nice comments! knowing you guys were comfortable and relaxed at our hotel makes us really happy.
Casco is definitely a must in Panama. It is the best place to enjoy nice views, great food and learn about Panama's history.
Alena Gladilina,