All reviews bay view club lounge large pool breakfast buffet cinta costera business hotel high floor lobby bar city skyline avenida balboa front desk staff old city casco viejo panama pacific gym canal
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Loved the oceanview room. Wish there was a balcony with each room. Also the hotel seems to be very old and not up to Par with Intercontinental hotels in US. But our stay was very nice. Great food in the restaurant downstairs.
Will stay again.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Great location if you want ocean front view but immediate surroundings mostly under construction, major traffic. Mainly a business hotel with very nice rooms and good value. Buffet did the job but would eat elsewhere. Nice staff

Stayed: June 2018
Wendy B, Quality Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Dear Bowercom,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience while you were staying with us!. Let me assure that we will take the opportunity you gave us to keep improving our services and facilities to create a better experience for guests in the future!. I have shared your comments with our staff and they are so glad you enjoyed their service. Hope you give us the opportunity to make you feel more comfortable the next time you visit Panama.

Warm regards from Panama!

Reviewed June 13, 2018

Well, it's not a bad hotel, it's not an outstanding hotel! It's pretty much a business hotel and my comments below are sort of random thoughts as I recall my stay there. Check in was a bit disorganized, but once I got to my room (after waiting for very slow elevators in the building...consistently slow throughout my stay), I was fine. I had a suite overlooking the ocean. Very nice views!! Room was fine and comfortable although like most of the hotel, a bit dated and could use a fresher, more updated look. Carpet was kind of dirty but not too bad. Hard to say what it is. Hotel looks like it is really late 80s/early 90s. Conference rooms are drab and dingy, musty smelling...ac either freezes you or you melt from the heated humidity...no real way to gauge temperature control it seemed in the conference room. Very musty smells in the conference rooms.. Breakfast is not bad, but not great...in comparison to other 4.5-5 star hotels I've stayed in all over the world. Not a bad breakfast, but not great. Exec lounge breakfast...is small, continental style but you can get eggs and bacon, cheese, some fruit and breads...but small plates and portions. Downstairs in main restauarant breakfast is the better choice. Overall, if you're in Panama City for a conference, this hotel is a fine choice. But it isn't anything terribly memorable. It's a "dime-a-dozen" type business hotel. I've stayed in far better of the same "star rating" in many other countries in the world.

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view room on the higher floors.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Wendy B, Quality Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Dear Jeffery A,

Thank you for the time you took to share your experience with us!. You have been so great for providing us your feedback about service and facilities opportunities, let me assure that we will keep improving this areas to create a memorable stay for other guests in the future. We hope you can let us an opportunity to serve you in the future, we would be more than sure that this stay was just an exception.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Be aware of the non renovated rooms . Run down, air system is not working (either it’s ice cold or nothing) , phones not working reception staff tells you whatever (you ask three people and everybody tells you a different story ) .
Awful

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Wendy B, Quality Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear ELKA923,

First of all, I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. Our property it is on renovating season to improve our rooms and facilities, we understand the issues you faced during your stay, let me assure that we will take your feedback to create a better experience for our guests in the future. I would like to extend our gratitude for the time you took to share your experience. It will be helpful for us, that we strive to create great moments for our guests. Hope to serve you in the future, I would be more than sure that this last stay was just an exception.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed May 31, 2018

InterContinental Miramar Panama was our last stop during our tour of Panama. The hotel is excellent in all regards, although our room indicated a refresh may be in order. The staff provided excellent service, our view of the bay was great, and the buffet meals wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Wendy B, Quality Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2018

Dear Fred M,

Thank you for taking your time to share us your last stay experience!. We are so glad that our staff could met your expectations. Let me assure that we have shared your comments and we will keep improving our services and facilities to keep creating moments like you experienced on your last stay. Hope we can serve you in the future.

Best Regards,