Embera Village Day Tour

Book in advance
from
C$269.44
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Embera Tours Panama
from C$269.44
More Info
from C$262.53
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 16, 2023

This company is predatorial, they’re scammers, and liars. Panama is a beautiful place with so many wonders. I just highly recommend that you do NOT book these people as your guides to see the beauty. Please book directly with the companies actually providing the excursions. They are about 70% CHEAPER. All Bill provided was a driving service. Nothing more. The l city tour is severely overpriced. You can uber to the three places he took you for $5 each and walk around. The Panamá canal, you can uber to yourself and get a free guide upon arrival. The people that have left 5 stars do not know any better. Bill was friendly but he was also very pushy and demanded that we pay a certain way. He lied to us about the options for start times with ziplining. This left a very bad taste in my mouth and I do not recommend at all.

It is incredibly disgusting that he says it’s a family business when they are tripling prices and all he is doing is providing a driving service. I do not recommend, please book directly and you will have na amazing time. The zip line was amazing, we will be going back for more tours at a much cheaper rate.

This company should be ashamed. We’re good people, we work hard for our money, so it sucks to be scammed. But it’s okay.

Biggest takeaway? BOOK DIRECTLY with the excursion hosts. He’s so well known in Panamá, obviously because he’s been scamming for a while lol. He won’t see us again.

Date of experience: September 2023
1  Thank Takeirra B
Reviewed July 7, 2023 via mobile

My daughter and I had a spectacular experience on our overnight trip to the Embera Puru village with Garceth.

We were seeking an Embera guide to add to the experience and Garceth exceeded our expectations. He is knowledgeable, patient and helped make the experience truly unforgettable.

It was such a privilege to meet the Embera, learn about their culture, see their artwork, taste their amazing food and spend the night in a traditional home.

This was truly a once in a lifetime experience - thanks Garceth!

Date of experience: July 2023
Reviewed March 2, 2023

Garceth Cunampio is an Embera Native with an intimate knowledge of the traditions, language, and belief systems of the Embera. This trip into a remote village in the San Juan tributary of the Chagres river is the most authentic experience you could expect. I am an Antrhopologist with experience in the Americas, and I was very impressed with the authenticity of the experience.

Do not go with one of the tourist trap Embera tours. This tour with Garceth Cunampio (gcunampio@yahoo.com) is the real deal. If you are a seasoned traveler, conisder the over night option. I wish we had done it!
Our heart stayed in Embera Puru!

Date of experience: February 2023
Reviewed March 17, 2020

Travelling across the Chagres River to visit with the Embera Tribal village was very unique. We were met by the tribal inhabitants who were gracious hosts. Their main tribal leader with the help of a translator explained how they live. They are happy and gracious and utilize all materials in their area to either use it for dye, making baskets, carving wood sculptures and weaving blankets to name a few. And the wood carving is amazing. They explain how they take a regular log of wood and carve a beautiful piece of art from it. You can purchase their carvings, blankets and jewelry as each family puts out their wares. They performed tribal dances and then each tribal member picked one of us to dance with them. Very uneven surface so wear sturdy shoes with lots of steps from rivers edge to main area. I recommend a visit.

Date of experience: February 2020
1  Thank Lynette51
Reviewed March 3, 2020

My boyfriend and I went on this excursion with Daniel as our tour guide. It was one of the best days of my life. Thinking about the amazing experience makes me misty with emotion. As an indigenous Canadian I’m in awe of the Embera’s beautiful culture, warmth and dedication to living a genuine indigenous life.
Daniel was an excellent tour guide with abounding knowledge and pride of Panama and its history. The group was small and intimate. We arrived in a canoe to music and smiling faces. The daily life and history of the Emberá people was told to us by Emberá people. They made us a beautiful lunch of fresh fish and fruit. Then we were entertained by music, dance and song. The people then showed us their amazing handicrafts. I hung the beautiful basket I bought on my wall today. Then we went for a nature walk where the plants used by these people were shown to us.
Although my temporary skin markings will disappear my memories of this wonderful day will stay with me always.

Date of experience: February 2020