Embera Village Day Tour

Book in advance
from
C$272.58
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Embera Tours Panama
from C$272.58
More Info
from C$194.30
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2024

We had an amazing day visiting the Pura Embera community. Garceth was a wonderfully knowledgeable host. I made contact with him before our visit and email comms were great. We joined the Chief on a walk to show us what plants the community uses for medicine, we had a wonderful lunch of fried Tilapia and plantain, prepared on an open fire beside us whilst we were encouraged to ask questions about the community and how they lived. We learnt so much. The whole community was so welcoming and friendly and the children were an absolute delight. They sang and danced for us and welcomed us into a communal dance. The children were fascinated by our binoculars!! I can truly say it was one of the highlights of our visit to Panama and a day none of us will ever forget. We were the only people visiting that day so we felt a real connection with the community. Thank you so much to Garceth and the Pura community. We wish you all well for the future.

Date of experience: December 2023
1  Thank M5057XGsarahw
Reviewed October 18, 2023

I was there in Panama during September with some colleagues. Because hotel entertaitment was not as we expected, we decided to book some tours out of the area. We contacted with Tamara (+507 63242898) because we heard very good feedback from her organization miviajeapanama and I've to say it was really amazing the full day we spent visiting Embera tribes , not only because the great trip organization, but also because the amazing place at Chagres river, the good meal prepared by the indigenous and the overall environtment. Thanks to Tamara and Rafa for that great moments!!

Date of experience: September 2023
1  Thank Ian C
Reviewed September 16, 2023

This company is predatorial, they’re scammers, and liars. Panama is a beautiful place with so many wonders. I just highly recommend that you do NOT book these people as your guides to see the beauty. Please book directly with the companies actually providing the excursions. They are about 70% CHEAPER. All Bill provided was a driving service. Nothing more. The l city tour is severely overpriced. You can uber to the three places he took you for $5 each and walk around. The Panamá canal, you can uber to yourself and get a free guide upon arrival. The people that have left 5 stars do not know any better. Bill was friendly but he was also very pushy and demanded that we pay a certain way. He lied to us about the options for start times with ziplining. This left a very bad taste in my mouth and I do not recommend at all.

It is incredibly disgusting that he says it’s a family business when they are tripling prices and all he is doing is providing a driving service. I do not recommend, please book directly and you will have na amazing time. The zip line was amazing, we will be going back for more tours at a much cheaper rate.

This company should be ashamed. We’re good people, we work hard for our money, so it sucks to be scammed. But it’s okay.

Biggest takeaway? BOOK DIRECTLY with the excursion hosts. He’s so well known in Panamá, obviously because he’s been scamming for a while lol. He won’t see us again.

Date of experience: September 2023
2  Thank Takeirra B
Reviewed July 7, 2023 via mobile

My daughter and I had a spectacular experience on our overnight trip to the Embera Puru village with Garceth.

We were seeking an Embera guide to add to the experience and Garceth exceeded our expectations. He is knowledgeable, patient and helped make the experience truly unforgettable.

It was such a privilege to meet the Embera, learn about their culture, see their artwork, taste their amazing food and spend the night in a traditional home.

This was truly a once in a lifetime experience - thanks Garceth!

Date of experience: July 2023
Reviewed March 2, 2023

Garceth Cunampio is an Embera Native with an intimate knowledge of the traditions, language, and belief systems of the Embera. This trip into a remote village in the San Juan tributary of the Chagres river is the most authentic experience you could expect. I am an Antrhopologist with experience in the Americas, and I was very impressed with the authenticity of the experience.

Do not go with one of the tourist trap Embera tours. This tour with Garceth Cunampio (gcunampio@yahoo.com) is the real deal. If you are a seasoned traveler, conisder the over night option. I wish we had done it!
Our heart stayed in Embera Puru!

Date of experience: February 2023