All reviews nice hotel convenience store hot tub car rental convenient location free breakfast metro station king bed business trip rooftop pool room service hgi city panama casino taxi adjustable
Reviewed August 5, 2018

The location of the hotel is pretty good. It is an old building and as such has som eissues. The bathrooms are smelly and the soundproofing is poor. We go this via expedia and price was very good. The breakfast is pretty goos

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Elianny D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Panama, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear Mohan,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience of your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you found our service to your liking. Additional we appreciate your suggestions for to improve our overall service. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. Our goal is to make your stay better and brighter. Thanks for your visit; we hope you come back soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

We stayed Two nights, had 4 rooms and stayed on points. Way better than the Hampton which is where we stayed at the beginning of our trip. The rooms are clean, the lobby is nice. No pool but the restaurant was good and laundry machines were free to use.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Elianny D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Panama, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Dear AdventureTx,

We are very happy to know that our attention was of your total and complete liking. We hope to have the opportunity to be your hosts again in this your home the Hilton Garden Inn, where our goal is to create memorable experiences. Thanks for choosing us.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

The friendlest staff in Panamá, clean and comfortable rooms, delicious food. Its exactly the level of comfort and style of hotel you would find in the US at a cheaper rate. Small rooftop pool has a nice city view and a little water fall feature.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear KadiHill,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We are happy to hear you found our service to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. Our goal is to make your stay better and brighter. Thanks for your visit; we hope you come back soon!

Reviewed June 5, 2018

Located in the center of the city with easy access to malls. Great breakfast which includes local fruit and made to order omelettes and waffles. Accommodating staff. Best deal in the city
Staff bends over backwards to meet your needs.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Elianny D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Panama, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2018

Dear 433dianam, We are very happy to know that our attention was of your total and complete pleasure. We hope to have the opportunity to be your hosts again in this your home the Hilton Garden Inn, where our goal is to create memorable experiences. Thanks for choosing us.

Best Regards.

Reviewed June 3, 2018

Stayed here the first 3 nights of my first trip to the country of Panama. What stands out most to me, other than the very reasonable rate, is that every hotel employee I encountered from the front door, front desk, restaurant staff, and house keeping was extremely pleasant, accommodating, and professional. Everyone seemed intent on making the guest's stay the best possible. The hotel is located in the city's center and has the pros and cons of being downtown in a big city. There are multiple restaurants and attractions, including casinos nearby, and the metro station, which is very convenient, is just one block over from the hotel. The downside of the location includes some rundown buildings and infrastructure (roads/sidewalks), and the need to be extra vigilant when walking about. I am usually very aware of my surroundings whenever I travel, especially alone, however, I was caught off guard when pickpockets were able to steal my cell phone out of my backpack while stopped at a crowded intersection waiting to cross the street. This has nothing to do with the hotel, and when this incident occurred I was in Casco Viejo, but it is important to note that you must be VERY careful and I would suggest that if you cannot carry your items close to your body, you may want to leave them in your hotel. This was a first for me, and I have traveled extensively in many large cities, and it made me a bit more wary of moving about in crowds and it caused me to limit my night time activities as well. There is a large police presence at all times of the day throughout the city, but it has not prevented thieves from conducting their business.
Nonetheless, when I returned to the hotel, the staff was quite sympathetic and accommodating in assisting me in reporting the theft to my wireless provider. While it could have been a spoiler for the rest of my trip, I refused to let it define my time there.
Back to the property... The room was clean and a decent size, and there was plenty of hot water in the shower throughout the stay. My only complaints about the room are that the bed was HARD - and I don't mean firm; it was like a thick board, and it was not a quiet environment. There was something that sounded like draining water coming from above my room, and the mechanics (generator?) could be heard throughout the day/night. It did not disturb my sleep, but if you are a light sleeper it might. I was on the 14th floor.
I ate a couple times in the restaurant onsite, and it was here that I was introduced to the Panamanian dish Sancocho, which is their version of a savory chicken soup. It is delicious, and I had it on 2 of the 3 days I was there. I have since had the opportunity to compare it to the (luxury) hotel in which I am now staying (I will review it separately), and it is heads above this site's version. It is like comparing your grandma's homemade version to Campbell's. So kudos to the chefs at HGI! I also had the Sea Bass with garlic sauce. It was good, but a little salty for my taste. All dishes served were steaming hot, and the staff was very attentive, pleasant, and professional. Again, not so where I am now... (review coming at the end of my stay).
Overall, I enjoyed my stay here, and would not hesitate to come again on my next trip.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank w0rks2travel

Dear w0rks2travel,
Thank you so much por share the experience during your stay with us, we are very happy to know our service in general was to your liking. Thank you too for the suggestions, because it help us to improve. We hope you come back soon!.

Best Regards!