“This is a wonderful small, by US standards) supermarket with several locations around Panma City.”
Review of Riba-Smith

Riba-Smith
Ranked #312 of 1,042 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Central American
Reviewed 15 December 2016

We visited the market in in the MultiPlaza Mall. Great location with with a wonderful selection of foods and fresh produce in a clean and pleasant environment.
Spanish may slow things up, but the staff is pleasant, helpful and pleasant.

There are newer reviews for Riba-Smith

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

I visited the supermarket more or less twice a month . I love it. Everything is fresh and good quality . Some people have the idea that it is very expensive but really it is not .

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

This review could be considered literally one of its own, as my experience with this supermarket every time I go, it's simply wonderful!

I can count with the fingers of one hand any inconvenience I might have had there and the answer would be probably one or two times only.

The customer service is undeniable superb, I know most of the people that work there, I actually go and socialize as well, always meeting old acquaintances, but also speaking to the personnel that day by day, are there to make our experience a good one.

Whenever I can't find something, I simply ask and they would do anything to go my way. The supermarket is really complete, many products that I may not find in others, I know for sure I can find it there.

Everything looks so clean and in order, which I like so much because I can find everything I'm looking for. Did I mention that their deli selection is so wide, I can always find what I need for my latest recipe creation. Going through the veggies section is always something I look forward, not only they look so fresh and colorful, but also always on the look out for some fresh herbs, which sometimes they run out of my favorites too soon, but that doesn't mean I won't try on getting them.

The different meat cuts are also excellent and even though prices are going up lately, I wouldn't go anywhere else to buy them and that's because I like how clean the area looks, and looks fresh.

Oh, and if you go there, please make a stop by the cafeteria.... You must try their ice creams!! They are so sinful and delicious!! My favorite ones: plain vanilla, caramel, tiramisu, coconut, yogurt, almond.... And I could go on and on....

For me, groceries shopping is like going to a candy store, can't never get enough out of it!!

Reviewed 29 February 2016

My wife is gluten intolerant and has had difficulty finding gluten free food during our 2 month trip in South America. After much searching on line we found Riba Smith supermarket. They have lots of Gluten Free options, they even have the GF bread she eats at home! I think they have everything you could want. We bought GF pancake mix and the hotel made them for her at breakfast. The store is clean, well organised and easy to find things. Staff is helpful if you need assistance.

2  Thank brian w
Reviewed 11 February 2016

It was just a short 10 minute walk from our hotel to Riba-Smith in Balboa /Aquilino de La Guardia area. It's a very strange building, looks nothing like a Supermarket from the outside and at first we were quite suspicious. But many of the airline crews staying at our hotel went in there and we just followed. Store was well stocked. We were shocked about the prices, certainly would have expected prices lower than in the U.S. They were not. But we saw plenty of Expats filling their baskets here. Nice selection of International food. good bread selection and nice meat counter. $ 2.50 for a 2 l bottle of 7up was a lot, but it turned out the bottle came from the States. One extra star for the convenience. Having I.D. with you when paying with Credit Card is a must. There are also two food courts outside the check out area.