“Old School Steakhouse rewritten by Hard Rock”
Review of Tauro SteakHouse

Tauro SteakHouse
Ranked #85 of 1,283 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2017

We visited on a Sunday evening, not very busy. The decor is like one may find in an old school Vegas Steak house, but with a Rock and roll twist. Frank Sinatra plays in the background, just loud enough to know you're at HardRock, but not too loud to interfere with conversation.
While prices are slightly high, I tell you I'd be happy to pay the price to get the New York strip anytime that had the same flavor and perfect medium rare finish. This is a slightly hip Steakhouse,I gave it a 5, rating it with "Steakhouses" as a restaurant its still a 3-5 to 4, worthy of a visit for those wanting that genre'. i'd go back!

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

It's a beautiful place but the food is quite common and overpriced I think...if you want to drink something, try the sangria, it's huge and very good! It' the only good deal here...

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

We've visited this restaurant with a group of customers...as you could expect by the name of the restaurant...steak should be the speciality of the house... to my surprise, nobody asked us how the steak needed to be prepared (medium, rare, well done)...all of the steaks were way overcooked... not so good...

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 8, 2017

I ate with a couple friends here, and while the food was good, we had to wait probably 45 minutes after ordering for it to come out. There were maybe two other tables with couples. I'm really not sure why it took so long, and thankfully we weren't in a particular rush, but the food was good and worth the wait.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Restaurant is located on higher floor of the Hard Rock Hotel. Had a 7pm reservation and was the first party in the restaurant. Immediately seated and waitress (Virginia) was doing a great job taking care of us.

Yes enjoyed lobster bisque and ceasar salad to start, followed by fillet's, asparagus, and mashed potatoes. The food was very good, and we enjoyed all, but if I had to get particular I would say the following: while the ceasar salad portion was extremely generous, the dressing had minimal flavor. 2 of the 3 steaks were cooked perfectly, one was very rare instead of med rare.

Good selection of South American wine. Prices reflect a higher end steak house. Excellent service. Business casual dress or jeans and collared shirt seemed appropriate but think you could get away with shorts and a collared shirt.

Restaurant had more of a Hard Rock feel than a steakhouse feel, so of you visit, understand you are eating steak at a higher end Hard Rock restaurant, not a "steakhouse."

Date of visit: August 2017