All reviews la vespa the financial district quick check nice hotel small pool business hotel included breakfast convenient location via espana comfortable rooms rooftop pool cinta costera hie floor city taxi panama
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel has good room size, it has a good location (for Panama City business travelers) and you have a very good buffet breakfast. The carpet has some smell (the country is very humid) but once you get in the room everything is good. The area have some places to eat (the hotel does not have a restaurant) with decent food and prices. Holiday Inn Express is just good enough for the price you're paying. In fact; I received an upgrade on my room type because my IHG membership. The staff was nice, the hotel was clean and maybe you don't have problem with the carpet smell.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed July 30, 2018

We have a long flight that day, when arrived the hotel it was very late. After checked in, the front desk staff were very friendly and said since I am an IHG reward club member, he offer my family 1 free welcome item I can choose from the basket. How nice!

Guess what? we have 4 people and he said I have a choice for 1 bottle of small water, 1 small package of peanuts (like airline serving size) or 1 nature valley healthy snack bar. I think it better off do not offer anything and I will not write anything bad about the hotel. who need that tiny snack bar or 1 bottle of water that cost less than $1 from mini mart. Thanks for the wonderful welcome pack.

Other than that, hotel location is not too bad, the area is little dark at night but safe. Room is reasonable size and clean. Breakfast buffet is good enough not great. The rooftop pool is very small but I think all the hotels in his area all have a small pool in rooftop.

Room Tip: i stayed on 8th floor and my room is facing the street. the street noise woke me up every morning.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been in this hotel before, and now they are giving it a “face-lift”, that would be for better, excellent and congrats for that. It is not so comfortable, but good times will come.

The thing I did not like was that I asked many times to the guy at the fort desk to send me the authorization letter for credit card payment and never get it.

Besides that, the hotel is nice, clean and very nice located.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Carolina C, Loyalty Champion at Holiday Inn Express Panama Distrito Financiero, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Dear guest,
 Thank you very much for staying with us and let us know your valuable opinion, which helps us to make corrections and offer you a better experience in the future.
Thank you very much again, and we hope to have you back.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for two nights with a tour group. The rooms were very nice, and had nice bathrooms. The breakfast buffets had a great selection. The muffins and fruit were delicious. The floors above the second floor could not be accessed without a room key for that floor, which was a nice extra safety feature. The staff was friendly.

The hallways smelled musty, but that is probably due to the fact that they're carpeted and in a very humid climate. It was not noticeable in the rooms and everything else was wonderful.

The rooms seem to be sealed better than many hotels. I loved being able to sleep without hearing anything from the hallway.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Carolina C, Loyalty Champion at Holiday Inn Express Panama Distrito Financiero, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinions. Please know that your opinion is extremely valuable to us. We use comments, like yours, to make continuous changes to our brand to improve the guest experience. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Wow! Now this is a very nice Holiday Inn. The rooms were spacious & clean & great size bathrooms & showers. Loved the beds. I could sleep in them all day. So comfortable. And the air conditioner worked like a charm in the humidity. Staff was great. Breakfast amazing. Close to lots of walkable places. Would stay here again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Carolina C, Loyalty Champion at Holiday Inn Express Panama Distrito Financiero, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thanks you for your comments about the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS. We appreciate that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope you come back soon.