All reviews free shuttle an early flight next morning an overnight layover the shuttle driver copa airlines nice hotel one night stay room was clean and comfortable breakfast buffet bottled water short stay coffee maker lobby bar casco viejo panama tocumen
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Of course you have heard about “Crowne Plaza” this was my first time staying in one. We had to overnight for our connecting flight. Staff was very friendly. When we get to the room of course we did not know how to get the power on. Have to put the key in at the front as you walk in kind of annoying. Means if I leave for a few hours have to wait for the room to get cold again can’t leave my phone to charge. But I understand it’s to save power. Fine. So the room looks modern but very unkept like it hasn’t been cleaned for weeks good thing we had bleach wipes we could stand on in the shower. The bed bug situation, pretty sure we got bit I was scratching the whole night and my friends daughter had bites all over her legs. Glad we were only there for a few hours. Also couldn’t plug in my tv box because the way they mounted the tv the only hdmi port is blocked which sucks!!!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank KhaluaS
Graciela A, Director de Recepción at Crowne Plaza Panama Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We are happy that our staff meet your expectations.
Please feel free to contact me at garjona@cppanamaairport.com so you can explain us more about your inconvinience.

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Me and my family had a delicious lunch at the restaurant of this hotel. We tried the buffet, everything tasted great, the service was fast, the waiters were friendly and all in all we had a good time.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your lunch at our restaurant. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

the staff are very pleasant, rooms are clean, location is convenient to airport, shuttle service is quick, restaurant downstairs has generous servings, delicious food. it has a pool for refreshing dip

Room Tip: the second floor gives a view of main street
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank jadeeastc30

Reviewed July 9, 2018

We only stayed on layover for 24 hours, so my experience is limited. We asked for a king size bed, we didn't get it. Their idea of an executive room and my idea of an executive room is not the same. The restaurant food was excellent as my son and I chose the buffet but the rest of our family chose a la carte which took them forever to bring and also had to wait 40 mins for the bill. Situated well but it seems like there's a lot of confusion in the area.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Graciela A, Director de Recepción at Crowne Plaza Panama Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

This is not your leisure getaway hotel. This is, however, the perfect place to rest for a long layover in Panama. The free shuttle is very convenient, though there was no one to greet us nor was there someone on the curb at the airport when we exited Customs. We had no idea what to do. So I had to literally roam my cell to call the hotel while standing outside in 97-degree temperatures. Eventually the shuttle bus came. The bus was tiny and there were about 10 persons waiting at 9 p.m. at night to be taken to the hotel. Check-in was quite smooth. There wasn't a bellman to assist with luggage, so we just went up to the room on our own. Got there and as soon we shut the door, the lights snapped off after a few minutes. Only because we travel often, did we know that the key card has to remain inserted in the slot by the entry door in order for the room to "function". I admire the eco-friendly touch, but this should be fully explained at check-in as not everyone would know what to do. The A/C in our room didn't work and there was a whole hour of waiting to get into a new room. We were not pleased as we only had a few hours to sleep until our next flight. All we'd wanted to do was grab a bite, shower and pass out. No such luck. While we waited for our room, we had a mediocre meal at the hotel's onsite restaurant, and drank a couple of Balboas (national beer) as it was scorching hot even at almost 10 p.m. We finally got a new room and were offered an apology amenity (a slice of mango cheesecake). I appreciated the gesture, but I really feel they need to have pre-arrival room checks to ensure all rooms are arrival ready. The ironing board was broken so we had to iron on the bed. There were ample outlets and the pillows were extremely comfy. Great water pressure and sufficient hot water. Loved the bath amenities! They were all labeled with quirky names such "Good Hair Day" for the Shampoo and "Peace, Be Still" for the body lotion. Very cute. Overall, the property needs updating, but it does the job for a quick overnight and NOT as a destination hotel for a longer stay. Have been to Panama for vacation and have enjoyed other properties tremendously that are much farther away. Also, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, don't underestimate the traffic in Panama. Be sure to leave in the shuttle well ahead of time to go back to the airport. On arrival, it took us 5 minutes to drive from the airport to the hotel. Upon leaving the next morning at 5 a.m., it took 30 minutes to get to the airport due to horrific traffic. It was unbelievable how many cars, trucks and buses filled with people were on the streets at that early hour. In summary, this property could be much better for a Crowne Plaza in terms of the rooms and decor. The staff was courteous, multi-lingual and efficient.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor, not on the road side.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.