“Local Favoritism. ”
Review of Cajun Claws

Cajun Claws
Ranked #8 of 54 Restaurants in Abbeville
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: This is the definitive place to eat boiled crawfish. It's the best in the entire world. You need to get it onto TripAdvisor
Reviewed January 10, 2016 via mobile

Honestly, as the hostess takes shots of Jameson at the bar all night and accepts tips from people as they come in, and my party of 5 has been sitting there for 2-1/2 hours and still doesn't get a table I'm so over it! Local Favoritism at its Worst and it's such a shame that management doesn't really care. I guess they figure they don't Need the business.

Reviewed September 17, 2015

My wife is from Abbeville and, at least once a year during crawfish season, we go pick up her mom and the three of us head to Cajun Claws for huge trays of the cleanest-tasting, most beautiful boiled crawfish I've ever laid eyes on. The thing is, unless you're there waiting when they open the doors, you'll likely have a one hour to two hour wait. It's worth it! Try to get a seat at the bar and enjoy a bloody mary or two - by the time you get seated, the crawfish will taste that much better. I also found the fried jumbo shrimp appetizer really exceptional.

I try to never type the words "best I ever had," but these really are the best crawfish I've ever tasted, and I've lived in Louisiana my entire life.

1  Thank ChrisJay318
Reviewed September 9, 2015

best boiled crawfish you ever want to eat. fried food awesome. owners alot of fun front bar also fun

Reviewed August 12, 2015

If you are wanting large crawfish this is the place to get them. Big red huge crawfish as they call them (Select)! Your bill will be high but you will not be disappointed. Get there early 16:00-16:30 They open at 17:00 They always have a long line. They have a small bar area as you enter the place sometimes you can wait there until a table opens. At the end of your meal they always give you a warm wash cloth to whip your hands with because it does get messy. They don't boil the crawfish in the seasoning. They sprinkle it over the crawfish.

Reviewed July 23, 2015 via mobile

Absolutely the best boiled shrimp I have ever had in my life. A new personal favorite. If your looking for boiled seafood this place is worth any drive. Go early for first seating.