“Yummy hometown Southern LA”
Review of robbie g's

robbie g's
Ranked #21 of 171 Restaurants in Alexandria
Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

It was soo good! We loved the atmosphere and the food. This is a peanut shells on the floor, hometown folks, beer in a cold bottle awesone place. It was a wonderfully relaxing respite after a day of traveling and a bit of hotel stress. Delicious fried oyster and "oh yum" hush puppies. Even had a great selection of non domestic beers. We will come back if we pass through again!

Reviewed March 6, 2017 via mobile

Basic, down home seafood. Get fish, shrimp, oysters, clams, and/or crawfish fried or grilled with the usual suspects on the side. Nothing fancy here - the bathrooms are outside around the corner, but there is a hand wash station inside. Food was good, service was fine and speedy, prices reasonable. As this is Louisiana, had to have the bread pudding and was not disappointed. Again, this is basic and to the point, don't expect ambiance. Just good food. I believe beer is available as well. The only negative was the limited parking; expect to park on the side street or something.

Reviewed December 6, 2016 via mobile

Recommended by my hotel, small menu with poboys and Cajun seafood. I had the special, drum with crabmeat. Outstanding, will come back for a po-boy for lunch later in the week.

Reviewed July 23, 2016

We ate here for first time. The food was pretty good. I had the Soft Shell Crab Plate and my spouse had the Boiled Shrimp Plate. Service was good and there was not a big crowd at 5:30 p.m. when we arrived. I would eat at Robbie G's again, if when, again, traveling to Alexandria. (FYI- the Restrooms are on the outside of the building- at back of restaurant!!)

Reviewed June 17, 2016

Place advertises boiled crawfish so we stopped in to have a few pounds...ordered a corona cause I drink one with my meal...after drink order noticed big sign about crawfish on board advertisement,didn't say no crawfish at lunch,said crawfish in season...season was on...that's when we found out there were no crawfish at lunch...last day in Alexandria,so pulled pork was on the menu,waitress came back to say also out of pulled pork...bout this time I was ready to leave,she (waitress)suggested crawfish po boy,gumbo,catfish ...needs to post it so everyone knows the real menu...I got my crawfish fix when I got to mobile ,al...mud bugs on government took such great care of my family that I'll be back to Mud Bugs again...Robbie g's in my bad memory box now...