“Great zoo”

Alexandria Zoological Park
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Alexandria
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1926, Alexandria Zoological Park has shared the wonders of the natural world with generations of zoo-goers. Get face to face with 500 animals including lions, tigers, crocodiles, monkeys, bears, otters and many more. Come explore a natural world filled with hoots, howls, and roars right in the heart of Central Louisiana. Alexandria Zoo is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. It is the mission of Alexandria Zoological Park to promote understanding and conservation of the natural world in which we live. It is the mission of Alexandria Zoological Park to promote understanding and conservation of the natural world in which we live.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

Great zoo. We took of 12 year old while in town. This zoo the animals look so happy and healthy. Everything was clean! Not a huge zoo but well worth the money and time. Don’t miss out on stopping here!

All reviews
"larger zoos"
"interesting animals"
"animals seem"
in 4 reviews
"wide variety of animals"
"entire park"
in 25 reviews
"enclosures"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

I have visited this zoo multiple times. I have gone as a child, taken my children and now my grandchildren. My husband and I love to stroll there and stop to look at the animals. The grounds are kept clean. The beautiful live oaks trees provide shade, as well as, a relaxing atmosphere. Kids love the train ride through the park. There is an extra charge for the train ride. The concession stand is reasonably priced in comparison to other zoos or parks. Monkeys are always a favorite with me and the baby is always entertaining. Perfect place to get your stroll, fresh air and unwind.

1  Thank Teresa W
Reviewed March 7, 2018

My family and I recently took a Friday afternoon to take in the zoo. It is a wonderful small zoo and we really enjoyed it

Reviewed January 25, 2018

We always enjoy visiting the zoo. It's clean and well maintained. The animals seem to be treated as humanly as can be expected in a zoo. Fun train ride. A bit pricey for a family.