All reviewslovely homebates collegeolgalewistonbedroom
Reviewed October 16, 2016

The Munroe Inn was wonderful. It was clean and convenient and, unlike the other, standard hotel options, it has incredible character and will be a stay that is meaningful and will make your trip memorable.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Olga D, Owner at The Munroe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2016

Dear AnonWashDC
Thank you for giving us a 5* review! it is always a gratifying experience to hear back from a guest and knowing that I did not fail or disappointed them with the hospitality. =) I work hard to attend to a detail and accommodate each guest in their unique set of travel arrangements or plans. You made my day today, thank you, AnonWashDC!

Reviewed October 14, 2016 via mobile

We stopped here for the night thinking it was an Inn not A B&b cause breakfast was an extra $30. So we ended up with a B. It was well decorated and the bed was comfortable. We couldn't even get a cup of coffee in the morning if weren't having breakfast. I asked for a little ice and she forgot and there was no place I could get it myself.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jethag

Dear Rita B. Thank you for taking time to write your reviews at Expedia, TripAdvisor and all its affiliates! In our lengthy correspondence that followed upon your departure, I tried to explain each of your concerns so any misunderstanding was not in the way. We do not have many guests having no breakfast. In fact, it is a pretty new program we signed on with Expedia that offers a 15%discount package – No refund/No breakfast. As a B&B we do offer breakfast for the room standard price, a 3 course breakfast experience. You made your reservation last minute, 2 hours prior to your arrival. When you told me that you did not notice the particulars of the offer, I have offered you a breakfast for additional $25 which you have declined sighting that you skip breakfasts usually. I invited you to use our coffee stand to make your morning cup of coffee. In 3 years since I have Starbucks coffee filter stand it is a first time that a guest had difficulty to use it - you simply did not place enough coffee into the filter so the brewing had failed. I am sorry that I was not there to help you with the coffee in the morning. I did tell you, as I tell to every guest, to text or call me if you need any of my assistance with anything – I would have made you a cup of coffee on a whim. I put the finest coffee in a jar for guests to have it full body rich aroma and I certainly was not happy to see your cup left with a light brown liquid that was not a good cup of coffee….
About the ice - I did not forget about it. I had to answer to another guest that was calling to make a reservation over the phone. Between your request and getting the ice did not pass even a 10 min. Just because you came downstairs to "remind" me and had to wait, it was not constituting to my forgetfulness. And thank you for your valuable suggestion to use Keurig coffee machine and installing an Ice Machine @the inn. I am also grateful for your compliments to the inn despite the other larger disappointments.

Reviewed October 9, 2016

This is a well refurbished historical Inn with antiques and interesting touches ,giving varying moods with stain glassed windows and lights. Auburn is enhanced with this choice within walking distance of the Festival Plaza and the river walk along the Androscoggin.and/ or just a quick drive across the bridge on the right(Lisbon and Lincoln streets)to restaurant choices in Lewiston. We found public space/pedestrian bridge crossing the moonlit Androscoggin to Auburn just after dining at Rails.

I was taking my husband on another "mystery time" and this one did not disappoint.It was a quick but relaxing stay as the proprietor, Olga, had that fine balance of welcoming and then respecting your privacy.

Quality cotton linens were so welcoming.and fresh
Breakfast held organic and fresh ingredients

All added to give us a very pleasant stay

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Olga D, Owner at The Munroe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2016

Dear Linda

Thank you for sharing with the world your warm, insightful and personal impression and experience at the Inn! Guests like you make me to go an extra inch, or sometime a mile, to assure that each guest will leave this wonderful house with warm memories of their stay. I wish you many more traveling adventures - your high spirit is contagious and a joy to be around! Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed October 4, 2016

We stayed five days in this lovely Inn. We had the Maria Suite. My husband was on business & I got to come this trip. This is the best B&B we've ever stayed in! Olga, the Inn keeper, was so sweet & accomodating with my husband's schedule. She served the most amazing breakfast! It was also healthy, so we didn't feel like we were over indulging. We also enjoyed her dog, Hurricane. He was so friendly. I loved hearing about the history of this beautiful Victorian. The stained glass windows were spectacular! We highly recommend this Inn. I hope to come here again. Thank you, Olga for your hospitality. The Millers

Room Tip: Look on line to see the rooms. It's great for business as well as pleasure.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Dear pakenter2

I am so grateful to meet couples like you - Southern charm and gallantry in its pure form! I was touched by your kind written note - the old fashion way of keeping the encounter with me for years to come... I have added it to my modest collection of artifacts and to the archives of the building. I am planning to make a wall dedicated to the house history, one day soon. Many guests of this house are fascinated by a rich history, including anecdotal, of the house and its inhabitants. I hope to you see again one day - Maine is rich with endless exploration surprises!

Reviewed September 6, 2016

My husband and I stayed three nights at the Munroe Inn the end of July, 2016. We were delighted with the quaint, antique building and its lovely furnishings. Olga, the host, went out of her way to make us comfortable. The resident dog Hurricane is there for petting from people like myself who are missing our own pets. Breakfast is served on a porch overlooking a garden and we could have spent the day talking to the friendly and interesting guests we met. We highly recommend The Munroe Inn, and it will surely be a repeat for us.

Room Tip: All the rooms are different. Look online to choose the room you prefer.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Olga D, Owner at The Munroe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

Thank you, Lynn, for your kind words and giving us 5*! It was a true pleasure meeting you both and hosting you at the Inn! Hurricane says woof-woof too, in English is "Thank you"! =)