“Something different”
Review of Naral's - CLOSED

Naral's
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 12 March 2015

We were looking for something different while celebrating my wife's birthday in Auburn and TripAdvisor came up Naral's which was near the movie theater.

On Sunday night it was very quiet, with only one other table of customers when we arrived.

I had the moussaka which was delicious and the serving was enough for take-home for lunch the next day.

My wife had the seafood basket which was great, not greasy and a healthy size serving of fish, coconut shrimp and calamari. The fries and onion rings were very good also.

The service was very good, although I would hope so with so few customer. The server was friendly, helpful and attentive.

Reviewed 19 January 2015

I love Narals! I like to go at lunchtime when they have some excellent lunch specials going on. I usually get the falafel- which is SO good. The pizza and onion rings are also delicious. The owner and his wife are good people- so go check out Narals and love yourself for it. Oh yeah.. $2 beers also. Its such a better deal than going across the street to Grittys!

Narals is truly L/A's best kept secret- give em a try!

1  Thank AdventureCalledLife
Reviewed 2 November 2014

We finally visited Naral's after wanting to try it for months. We have been twice in the past month, and both times the service has been exceptional and the food excellent.

We love Middle Eastern food, which is very difficult to find in Maine. We have tried the Harira Soup, the Greek Salad, the Dumplings and the Hummus for appetizers. The soup is rich, meaty and deep in flavor, the salad very fresh with plenty of onions, the dumplings are exotically spiced, cooked just right with a killer side sauce if you want some heat. The Hummus is a standout, perfect flavor and texture with a spiced oil garnish that sets it apart well from others I've had. The fresh Pita Bread and slaw that come with the appetizers are also standouts, having incredible texture and flavor.

We have also sampled the Moussaka which was beyond good, not overcooked or mushy, very cheesy without being greasy, as well as the Falafel Sandwich which was very flavorful but a little dry.

There has only been room for dessert once, we split a Baked Tofah, which is a baked green apple with caramelized dates & nuts & ice cream. YUM!

The atmosphere has been quiet and relaxed when we have visited, late afternoon early evening. The seating is comfortable and welcoming. We have not visited late night, but there is music, dancing and live entertainment, so I assume it livens up then. We will be trying later at night just for fun. Finding a good restaurant open past 10 or 11PM in this area is difficult, it is nice to have the option close by.

2  Thank TAFCRacer
Reviewed 3 September 2014

The service what phenomenal and The feel os the dining room was good but the duck was a greasy mess. We won't be going back.

1  Thank Dawgonit
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Love this place right corner from auburn I want every one check this place but not lots of customer but good service and good food and good drinks :)