Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$119
PricelineUS$99
Expedia.comUS$119
FindHotelUS$119
TravelocityUS$119
Orbitz.comUS$119
All reviews steam room hot tub gas fireplace outdoor pool eggs mini fridge yogurt continental breakfast fitness center front desk staff clouds maine pet coupon
Selected filters
Reviewed February 15, 2021

There is no way this is a 5 star hotel. We checked out a day early and the man at the front desk would not give us a receipt for our stay. We checked out early due to the party going on for 2 nights next door to us. We called to ask for at least the music to be turned down and the them to step outside to smoke. The response we got was that they were booked for the weekend as it was a busy weekend. The room was small and made weird noises and the only way my children were able to sleep was having a sound machine at full volume so they didn't hear the party next door. When we checked out early the front desk couldn't even tell us the cancellation policy and refused to give us a receipt, I would rather eat the extra day then stay there another night. The "fine seafood" restaurant was decent, but had very little actual seafood dishes and rude staff that rolled their eyes when asked any questions. Our next visit to Augusta will not include the Senator Inn

Date of stay: February 2021
2  Thank A3100SMkimberlyf
Reviewed January 17, 2021

I am 3 hours from this Hotel. I met family that was also 3 hours in an opposite direction to stay and visit. We both booked 2 separate NON SMOKING rooms. We had 2 adults and 2 kids, as well as my brother. We checked in. Left and went to Walmart. Came back and booked a time slot for the kids to go swimming. As I was in my brothers room my step daughter told me our room phone was ringing. I went back to my room to answer the phone and the front desk had told me my credit card information was put in wrong so to please come back to the front desk. My Boyfriend, 5 year old son and I went the front desk. The older women with the short brown hair ripped my CC out of my hand and set my receipt in front of me where I signed that I wouldn't smoke and proceeded to tell me she was charging my card 350 because she spoke to a gentleman that was standing in the hallway blowing smoke into my room and told him he couldn't smoke and she would have to charge his CC and the gentleman said okay that's fine. Now she wouldn't even check cameras after I told her she has the wrong couple. I also told her that we were on our way down to let her know someone was smoking up their by our rooms because I do have a teenager and a little kid that i don't want them around it nor do either of us smoke. I asked her if the gentleman was the man with me and she said umm I don't know he has his mask on. So i told him to take his mask down and she said well he dont need to take his mask down and he must of been smoking a vape when NEITHER OF US SMOKE OR SMOKE VAPES. I instantly was in shock and started crying and tried to explain she just got mad and told me she was calling the cops and I was getting kicked out. I ended up calling the cops as well. Needless to say the cop even came into my room and saw we didn't smoke. He felt terrible for what I was getting accused of, he could even smell smoke but knew it wasn't coming from our room but he still had to ask us to leave and I'm not aloud back for a year. Well needless to say they charged my CC $524.62 even after the cop spoke to the manager on the phone and told them we don't smoke and to check the cameras that were right above room 125. The manager said Ill wave the 350 dollar fee but they still need to leave. My kids were upset and I was in distraught and a mess crying. The cop felt very bad and he did a great job trying to help us out. So not only did they try and charge me the 350 but they tried and charge me for the room 2x that we only spend 1hr and 30mins in. I cancelled the payments and I WILL NEVER BOOK WITH THESE PEOPLE AGAIN!

GH

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Hotel Manager, Innkeeper at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.

I feel the need to set a few things straight. Someone in your party was vaping in your room. Vaping is covered under our no smoking policy. You are responsible for what happens in your room. He was a younger gentleman wearing dark shorts, a dark shirt and a hat. He had facial hair. He was not wearing a mask. There is a security camera right outside of the room, and there is no mistaking what he was doing. He was inside your room, opened the door from the inside, exited the room into the hallway, took a hit in the hallway and then blew the vape into the room. This is clearly captured on the video. He also did this in front of one of our team members who was on the way to assist a guest. It is inarguable. I made the decision to ask you to leave the property, and I also made the decision to not charge you the $350 fine for smoking in the room.

You were not asked to leave the property because of the vaping, You were asked to leave the property because of the way that you behaved at the Front Desk. I do not tolerate guests swearing at our team members, and I do not tolerate guest who behave in a threatening and abusive manner towards our team members. You did both. It is captured on our video system from Three different angles. I would suggest, that in the future; you ask to speak to a manager before you behave in the manner in which you did at the front desk. I was off property that day, but was on my way in to sort matters out when the police arrived.

I think that it is important to note that you were the one who called the police. And I think that it is important to note that the police thought that it was wise for us to ask you to leave the property, and that it was the police that suggested that you be issued a no trespass notice. You brought that upon yourself.

Reviewed January 16, 2021 via mobile

In no way shape or form was our visit great?! We asked for a room with 2 beds- did not receive. The bathroom made strange noises, the fireplace gave off a terrible smell, the other people near us were terrible. Pool and Doug at the restaurant were great. The gentleman as we left a few hours in... was so sweet. Manager not so much not a 5 star by any means meaning not great service! Maybe Greg should run the place

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Scenic401733
Reviewed January 1, 2021 via mobile

I have come here many times... I know now to call ahead and ensure everything is working properly before I drive over an hour. Every time I have been here, the hot tub is broke or being cleaned, the steam rooms not working... I come here to relax and enjoy the amenities...I have no interest in a cold pool. I called ahead and was told everything was good and the price for today. I get here and the price was way over what I was quoted... $90 for two adults and two little kinds... they said because it's a holiday... we arrived at 4pm and still charged full price with holiday charge. Even though I explained I was told $19 for two adults.. I was irritated but wanted to just destress in the hot tub and saunas. I was then told you need to reserve your 20 mins in the hot tub by appointment and that they are booked solid. Really upset I go to get my husband and kids (who are changing) and find that all of the saunas are closed as well!!!!! I WILL NEVER COME BACK HERE!!! Can eat or drink in the pool area and they don't have any where you can. The place is dated and every time we have come, there's a cranky lady in the pool who is a member who hates kids being in the pool...I could go on and on.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel Manager, Innkeeper at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2021

Thank you for choosing the Senator Inn & Spa. I'm apologize for the fact that your stay did not meet your expectations. In accordance with the Governor's' directives put in place to help control the spread of Covid, we have had to make changes to ensure both compliance with the new regulations and guest safety. We don't have the option of not following the guidelines. The hot tub is limited because the capacity of the hot tub has been reduced by the need to ensure social distancing. We manage time blocks in order to ensure that we are able to sanitize the are between guests. The Sauna is closed in accordance with the Governor's directive. It is beyond our control.

Reviewed December 24, 2020

The location is great for the airport, it’s about about a 10 minute walk. There are plenty of restaurants near by and the pool and spa are great. The bar had plenty of atmosphere and the staff are friendly, The breakfast staff are really friendly, the food is just ok. Not much selection, it was a shame they don’t offer an early check out take-away breakfast, my flight from Augusta was early morning.

Date of stay: January 2020