Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$129
PricelineUS$129
Hotels.comUS$129
FindHotelUS$129
Trip.comUS$140
CheapTicketsUS$129
All reviews steam room hot tub gas fireplace outdoor pool eggs mini fridge yogurt continental breakfast fitness center front desk staff clouds maine pet coupon
Selected filters
Reviewed June 16, 2021

We had reservations at the Senator Inn this past Saturday. We had a wedding to attend at the Augusta Civic Center. The check in at the Senator Inn is 3pm. We were told that our room was not available, it had not been cleaned yet. We kept checking back in and were told 10-15 minutes each time. By 4:25 our room was still not ready. We had to change clothes for the wedding in the public bathroom. There were many other people experiencing the check in delay.
The beds were uncomfortable and the setup left very little room to move. It is advertised that they have breakfast, however it is a paper bag with a yogart, piece of fruit and a prepackaged waffle.
We paid extra for this hotel and stayed here since it was the best rated hotel in the area. After our experience, we would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room tip: Do not choose a room at this hotel. You will be disappointed.
Reviewed June 15, 2021

We've stayed many times at the Senator. Our experiences have been mixed but overall okay. However, our recent visit was extremely disappointing. We paid a ridiculously high price because we'd brought our small dog with us. The receptionist and staff were not especially welcoming. We were given a dark, dingy, depressing room in the back, facing the highway, which made it quite noisy. The bathroom was grubby and the room didn't feel clean overall. There were no rugs and paint was peeling off the woodwork. The bed was lumpy and the pillows hard. And what the hotel doesn't tell its customers is that it opens both pools and hot tubs to the public (who pay for membership) on a daily basis, so they're always crowded and often noisy. The Senator was very convenient for us, but we won't be staying there again.

Room tip: If you arrive with a pet, try to avoid being given one of the older rooms at the rear of the hotel, next to the highway.
Reviewed June 10, 2021

Photos aren’t quite representative of the actual room, while it was clean, it was definitely smaller than indicated. The halls had a musty/ Jack Nicholson‘Shining’ vibe. Bed was comfortable. Definitely felt like a little less value than expected.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2021

At about 12:41 AM (one hour ago) some guests arrived in the room next to mine. They were very loud and I was very tired. I specified a quiet room when I checked in. I called the front desk and described the issue, and stated I may need to move into another room for the night. He was obnoxious and said in a nonchalant manner, "Have a good night," then hung up on me, ignoring my plight. I called back - no response. I walked to the front desk and he was hiding in the back room and would not come out. I called again and again and finally he answered and I said I needed a new room and he could not just ignore the problem - I said he could lose his job acting like that. He then stated to me, "Go fu*k yourself!" I could not believe it. I am a lawyer and simply described a problem that needed a solution. I am also here on a political campaign to advocate civil liberties and certain people here do not like our civil rights advocacy group... could this be why he behaved as he did? I have stayed in many hotels in many states and in Europe and never experienced anything like this before. For the first two nights, there were no issues and the employees were nice. One positive thing is that I then knocked on the door of the loud men and we are now friends after I told them how the Senator Inn and Spa front desk man treated me. They are truck drivers and we may get together in Atlanta where they live, as I happen to be driving to the East Coast soon from Houston. How funny that this horrible front desk man led to my new friends when I took the matter into my own hands.

Date of stay: April 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank 108deanap
Reviewed February 15, 2021

There is no way this is a 5 star hotel. We checked out a day early and the man at the front desk would not give us a receipt for our stay. We checked out early due to the party going on for 2 nights next door to us. We called to ask for at least the music to be turned down and the them to step outside to smoke. The response we got was that they were booked for the weekend as it was a busy weekend. The room was small and made weird noises and the only way my children were able to sleep was having a sound machine at full volume so they didn't hear the party next door. When we checked out early the front desk couldn't even tell us the cancellation policy and refused to give us a receipt, I would rather eat the extra day then stay there another night. The "fine seafood" restaurant was decent, but had very little actual seafood dishes and rude staff that rolled their eyes when asked any questions. Our next visit to Augusta will not include the Senator Inn

Date of stay: February 2021