“best korean food around”

Chong's Korean Carryout
Ranked #18 of 58 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed February 27, 2016

We go here once a month I get pork bulgogi (spicy), wife gets beef and son gets chicken. We also get Kimbop, and yackimando.

1  Thank firefighterkrs

Reviewed January 25, 2016

I have been to Korea as well as eating Korean in the U.S This is a good spot to go for a great Korean meal.

1  Thank pdubberly
Reviewed October 31, 2015 via mobile

Anyone who has lived or worked in the orient knows what it's like to get the craving for a certain food...

When you're craving Korean food but find yourself in the middle of Old Bay Country in MD, Chong's may suffice.

Unfortunately this place is just hit or miss. My experience recently was bulgolgi that was slightly tough, and a little greasy. The rice in my bowl had after tones of dish soap...you figure it out.

There are reviews of rude staff, but I think it may be partly to blame on the language barrier.

If you're feeling adventurous and really need Korean, go for it!

Reviewed August 12, 2015

I have ate there twice. The first time my friend had brought it over and it was delicious. The second time the food was the exact opposite and inedible.

Reviewed July 28, 2015

A co-worker recommended this restaurant to me if I was looking for something "different" to eat in the Aberdeen Area.

When I arrived only one customer was at the front counter, but there were at least 15 people sitting at the tables. I checked out the menu on the wall and stood behind the customer at the counter. A older woman and man worked behind the counter; both were cooking/preparing meals, I did not notice any other staff and it terms of this review are the owners/managers.

The woman stopped cooking and while still wearing her cooking glove/plastic glove took the gentleman's order, money, and returned cooking (she never washed her hands). I was still waiting in front of the counter, both the man and woman saw me and never acknowledged my presence. I observed the male clean a pot with a high pressured water dispenser, but he didn't use any soap.

A few minutes later two woman walked in the door, looked at the menu and waited behind me. It was then that the woman owner said " If you want to order, you order over there, here is where you pay". I smiled (this was my first & LAST time at the restaurant, how was I suppose to know there is a designated spot to order, especially if there is NO SIGN) and waited where I was instructed to wait to order.

While still in line waiting to order, two men entered the restaurant and waited behind the ladies, who were behind me. It was then that the female owner started speaking in a foreign language and the two ladies behind me responded in the same tongue. The two ladies then proceeded to sit down.

I'm no fool, and any person understanding the language or not knows what happened and I called the woman owner out because it was disrespectful and rude. I asked "Did you take those ladies orders behind me? and she responded with " It don't matter, because we have a lot of orders and you will have to wait" I told her that was rude, unacceptable, and unprofessional" and then I proceeded to leave.

She didn't apologize or take my order, she actually tried to justify her bad behavior. The male owner/manager didn't say anything the entire time.

I refuse to patronize at this restaurant ever and will let everyone know my terrible experience at the restaurant if they ever mention of eating here with hopes that owners/managers NEVER treat a customer/human being like that again. You don't treat people differently because they don't look or talk like you; shame on you!

3  Thank jab762