“One night stay”
Review of Days Inn Aberdeen

Days Inn Aberdeen
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Stayed for one night on our way to the beach. We were pleased with the value we received for a Friday night stay. The location is perfect as it is right off the interstate. We were able to walk to dinner as there are numerous restaurants near by. Our room was clean and spacious. Also, it appears that the bathroom had been recently redone. The continental breakfast was minimal, but we were anxious to get on the road so did not partake. We would stay here again as a stop over.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SZQ
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Aberdeen

Reviewed 16 August 2011

I was a little worried about staying at this location after I read some reviews from past guests. But still went ahead and booked since they were the cheapest around. I stayed with my husband and 2 children (ages 2 and 4). I was pleasantly surprised with the lobby and overall cleanliness of the room. Our room seemed to have been recently renovated. The carpet was spotless (brand new) and the room smelled clean. There was also a fridge and microwave which came in handy. The bathroom was clean and had a few toiletries for the guest (soap, shower gel, face wash)

The only issues I had which were that the pool had a lot of bugs in it and there wasn't a wide variety for breakfast. But it was free so can't complain! Also we were charged an extra $1.50 on departure. I went back to the front desk to ask what this was about, they said it was for usage of the safe. We never used it at all. The receptionist said once the door to the safe is opened you automatically get charged. But in the end he refunded the error.

We've stayed in many hotels over the years and this is definitely one of the best ones. We paid almost $200 to stay in a well recognized hotel chain in May and the only difference between that one and the Days Inn was that the Days Inn had a microwave and a fridge! Better for us!

All in all this is a great place to stay, and this is coming from a very picky person :o)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Shaz15_11
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Stayed on two trips this august the rooms are always clean no funky smell sheets pillows and towels smelt fresh and its right off. Of I95 if you can pick up one of those hotel coupon books they honor their coupons also

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank flipflopsonly
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I had such a nice stay at this hotel. I spent the first half of the week there on business. Then my husband and kids joined me the second half of the week, so I had the experience of staying there as a Mom as well! The staff was so nice, and the rooms were great as well. One morning I rushed out and forgot my gold necklace on the bureau. I didn't even realize what happened until I returned to find my necklace waiting for me. I would've completely forgotten all about it otherwise. My kids had a great time in the pool, and the breakfast totally hit the spot. Not only would I recommend this place to a friend, but I had checked out midweek. My husband came down to join me, and I chose to re-book there!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LAMexicanVacation
Reviewed 18 October 2010

The room was overall filthy. The carpet was gummy and almost black from dirt in the traffic areas. There were what I would classify as roaches scurrying around the floor. The desk clerk mixed me a concoction of what I think was insecticide (had no odor) and handed it to me to use as I thought fit. As for the cleanliness, he admitted that all the rooms were the same. In room coffee maker didn't work to which I was informed that I could come to the lobby in the AM and get a cup. Bad experience all the way around.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jdr8888888
Reviewed 17 April 2009

I went with three kids 6,12, and 14. The room was clean, but it smelled of cigarettes, despite my specific request for a non smoking room. It was chilly one night and I asked the front desk for an additional blanket and was told that I couldn't receive one because all the rooms had a precise allotment of blankets...
I also asked for a roll away bed and was also turned down. As for extras, most hotels provide lotion or shampoo. This hotel had none of these sundry items.

Pretty basic. We eventually stayed at the LaQuinta next door.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2008

Rooms a little small but overall a value for the money.
My main concern was the rain!
we stayed 2 days the entire time it rained and the entire time the ceiling was leaking near door.
When I booked this room on website it stated the rooms and entire hotel had been renovated, so needless to say I was a little shocked.

Also the door was old and no longer fit the door properly???
had about a 1/2 inch gap all the way down door,
could actually see outside . not a very good feeling knowing someone else could be looking back at you at any point.

Customer service was good and the lobby and rooms clean.

checked out at 4am and went to return door keycard and slipped off curb. sidewalks are pink and so was drop off area for cars so it was very difficult to tell where walk ended and road area begin unless you were walking looking down all the time.
its about a 6 inch drop off so be carefull.
bruised pretty bad. and lower back twisted. not good

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)