“Average Hotel Eating”

Add it.
The John Barry Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #142 of 377 Restaurants in Annapolis
Reviewed July 15, 2017

This restaurant is located on lobby level of O'Callaghan Hotel but this is not an Irish restaurant. The menu has recently been changed and it doesn't offer many selections. Same with spirits, beer and wine. We sat at the bar and service was very good. Food came in huge portions and tasted okay. The main downfall was a jazz band that played so loud that the patrons had to yell to hear each other. I could barely hear my friend speak, who was sitting next to me. It made for a very noisy evening. We couldn't wait for the band to go on break. The restaurant was also uncomfortably hot. Not sure if I'll go back.

Reviewed June 25, 2017

While staying at this hotel we were tired one night and didn't feel like going out. While we normally avoid hotel restaurants we decided it would at least fill us. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality and flavor of the food. That and the service were excellent. We also had breakfast the next morning that was equally as good. We ordered from the menu as we find all buffets to be less than desirable.

Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

Alex and Cindy are the best ! Prices are very reasonable and the bartenders were so amazing we stayed hours after we planned on leaving thanks to Alex!

Reviewed June 14, 2017

We ate the continental breakfast here, and while the price was good, the selection was poor. The fresh fruit was not very fresh and the oat meal was lumpy. Go somewhere else for breakfast.

1  Thank Howard H
Reviewed April 10, 2017

We ate here for dinner one night and breakfast the next two mornings. service was somewhat slow but the server had the entire room and the bar to attend to. We were never asked at dinner if we would like anything to drink. My steak dinner was excellent. Perfectly grilled. The vegetables were very tasty as well as the mashed potatoes. My first breakfast was an egg benedict with smoked salmon which I found so salty that I could not finish it. The fresh fruit was wonderful!!