“Disapointing, not worth the price”

Historic Inns of Annapolis
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I spend one night at Maryland Inn, one of the locations of Annapolis Historic Inns.
The room was old, the bathroom was really "historic" and perhaps "pre historic". The air cooler was so noisy that I had to unplug it for the night, several unidentified insects were running on the walls...

No parking and the valet parking is as inefficient ( I had to wait for my car 25 minutes) as expensive (24$).

I wanted to make my family a surprise and it was a bad one.

I will never go there again

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank FromBelleProvince

Reviewed 4 March 2012

My Girlfriend and I just recently had a wonderful weekend in the sleepy little capital of Maryland. We stayed at the Historic Inns of Annapolis in the Robert Johnson House. The room was very quiant. It had that classic appeal of an older room with all of the modern ammenties one would expect to find. The lace curtains and old chair made the hotels past really come alive. The hotel is directly across the street from the State Capital Building and is within an easy 5 minute walk to all of the best pubs, restaurants and US Naval Academy. I loved this room and hotel. I would recommend this for couples and solo travellers. And I am definitely going back.

Room Tip: You can ask the front desk for one of the three buildings you would like to stay in. They are all in...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sean D
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Did a Valentines day getaway with My Fiance. I choose to stay at the Governor Calvert House, and I was not disappointed. The hotel itself is located right next to Historic Maryland State House, which can be seen from several different rooms. The hotel was very clean, and showcased much history of the property and historic Annapolis.
Our room was located on the third floor, which was nice due to having a better view from the window. The room was clean, and was decorated tastefully.
You really can't beat the location of this hotel.. you are in walking distance from everything downtown Annapolis has to offer. I would stay here again, and next time may try the Maryland Inn to compare.

3  Thank RebelKB475
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed at the Maryland Inn. No parking. You have to use valet which is 24 dollars. I asked If I could just park car in their garage and was told no. Room were clean but old. Double bed was comfortable but small. Service was ok. Defintely not a 4 star property

2  Thank Firechief3419
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband and I had a great stay at the Gov. Calvert House of the Historic Inns of Annapolis. I highly recommend the Inns of Annapolis. The customer service is amazing and wonderful. It truly made our stay incredible. We booked our room through the website and booked a king size room. The week before our stay, the manager called me to inform us that the website over-booked rooms. He offered us many options, which we really appreciated him wanting to resolve the issue prior to our stay. We expressed that our first preference was a king size room, but that we understood if it couldn't happen. When we arrived, we were very pleased and we were offered the king size room. Upon our arrival, the manager that I spoke with on the phone met us to let us know if there was anything they could do to make our stay comfortable to let the staff know. Everything was wonderful. The room was very clean and we had a great time. The staff recommended great restaurants and was awesome extending their customer service. The hotel was very historical and charming. They offered muffins and fruit in the morning and in the evening hot apple cider. The location is very central and in walking distance to many attractions. Parking was easy, easier than we thought. We parked right outside with no problems. You will have to monitor the signs but parking wasn't an issue. The price of our room was reasonable and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We loved the king size bed room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank 09Honeymooners
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Did a quick getaway at the Maryland House over President's Day weekend. Took advantage of the $99 special which included queen bed, free parking and breakfast. Hotel is in great location on Main Street and room was lovely. Staff very friendly. And breakfast was awesome. We had eggs over crabcakes which were delicious. Didn't need lunch. This is the second time we've stayed here.

1  Thank tripmiss
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I now can say I have stayed at all three locations of the Historic Inns.For a quick getaway with some friends for resturant week, we choose Govenor Calvert Inn. I can't say enough about these properties. All three are great when it comes to location. You can walk anywhere in the town and if you get tired, call their shuttle service, and they will come pick you up. The rooms are cozy and always clean. The beds are amazing, they feel like you are sleeping on a cloud. Everytime I visit these Inns, I never want to leave. The check-in is fast and they go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need for a relaxing stay. Don't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends