“Great place”

D'anns
Ranked #11 of 52 Restaurants in Abington
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Although it has the pub like feel they have nice booths near the window if that’s your preference and the food is terrific as well as the prices .
I had a yankee pot roast and the pot roast was s prime rib . Fantastic.

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Nothing too spectacular about this place. I heard a few people raving about it. So, why not give it a go.
This was my first time here and nothing really stood out as special about this place. Very cozy setting, with a family atmosphere. The food was good. Except for my fries, which were cold when my server brought me my food.
Overall, I'd go again just to try another dish out. But I definitely wouldn't rave about this place. It was good.

1  Thank Chuck L
Reviewed September 21, 2017

We are new to this area. We were on our way from an all day bus trip and trying to figure where to grab a quick bite after 7 PM on a Thursday. One of our bus companions suggested D'anns.
We were perfectly satisfied. The menu has an adequate variety of fare to choose from. Since this was rather late for us to eat, we wanted something satisfying but not heavy. My husband and I both ordered from the "Special Salads" menu. We were happy with the meal and brought enough home to have lunch the next day.
About a week later we were out early in the morning and had our 5 year old grandson with us because of a doctor's appointment. We were all hungry so we decided we would try D'anns for breakfast.
They were short staffed because someone had called out ill. We found the service to be prompt and everyone was doing a great job trying to make sure customers were taken care of as quickly as possible.
Our grandson had the chocolate chip pancakes and we both had a hearty breakfast.
We would definitely return to D'anns for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
There is a sports theme to the restaurant.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

I'm a fan for a few reasons. First and foremost whenever a place gets new owners and management, you have to give it a break, new owners mean new rules, maybe new staff, new procedures and possibly new updates, all this means there'll be a break-in period whether the bar's been there 60 days or 60 years, some of these break-in period's can be as long as a year.....

I can see that the new owners are trying to bring the place up to date, the outdoor patio is very nice with patio heaters and nicely spread out tables and chairs and a small but efficient outdoor bar.
We sat inside on a Saturday night and got there around 7.00 and the place was pretty full.
Typical pub layout with TV's scattered around the horseshoe shaped bar, didn't sit at the bar so no comment on service there..
We were seated promptly and our server Debbie was wonderful and attentive, no problems here, we ordered several things off the menu, we had the snack attack appetizer that was outstanding, chicken tenders, buffalo tenders, potato skins, onion rings and mozzarella sticks with lots of dipping sauces, plenty to share for our table of 4. We added a cheese pizza at the recommendation of a friend of ours and were not disappointed, very tasty bar pizza, one of the best i've had.
For mains, i had the fried chicken with supreme sauce carrots and spuds, was exactly as advertised and was delicious. The menu is quite large and it was a difficult choice, but i was in the mood for something "meat and potatoes" and was happy with my choice.
#2 had CZB (chicken ziti broccoli) came in a delicate white wine sauce with plenty of the afore mentioned proteins and broccoli, a decent sized portion.
#3 had the Saturday night special prime rib, looked absolutely delicious and judging by the clean plate, was!
#4 had the fried seafood platter, a word of warning here, make sure you are very hungry if you order this, it was huge.
I got to try some of the fish and i was impressed with the quality of seafood, the fish was schrod possibly cod and was brilliant white in color and flaky, so very very fresh, the batter was too thin for my personal liking however it was very well seasoned and complemented the super fresh fish nicely. Good to see the fish served as a whole loin and not fish bits (pet peeve of mine, hate the fish bits!)
Lots of scallops and shrimp, onion rings etc served with coleslaw rounded off a very hearty dish.
Plenty of parking in the adjacent lot, friendly staff and excellent prices should ensure D'Ann's will be around when i'm ready for the early bird specials : )

1  Thank Bellasarius
Reviewed July 23, 2017

It pays to be a regular customer here! The points reward card will payoff with free meals that makes this restaurant a good value. The food is consistently good, my wife loves the baked scrod which is always fresh! I personally love the appetizer boneless chicken. I do not care for the bar pizza only because the I like the crust very crispy and they cannot accommodate but everything else is very good. Wait staff has been there for a long time and really know the business. The bartenders are really good and the drinks are always a good value. Beware of the Long Island Ice Tea, it will kick your butt! Call ahead seating is available and renovations are underway for improvements and updating with new ownership. Overall I would consider D'Anns a good value for the money! Enjoy!

Been to D'anns? Share your experiences!