“Wedding Party”

Hotel UMass
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Amherst
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 August 2017

To start the room was very clean, good size, comfortable and great view. The garage had very friendly Bell Hops to open doors and help with luggage.
The reception venue was excellent. The size of the room and food were both exceptional. I can't say enough about the service and friendliness of the staff. It was a good experience and the bride and groom I'm sure with how everything went so well.

Room Tip: If you are a couple try your best to get the King size bed.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
LaMarCook, General Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Hello Baron1970,

Sincere thanks for your outstanding review. Virak is a true gem and we're thrilled to have him as a new edition to our bell staff. I'm so glad to hear we were able to exceed your expectations and create a truly memorable and unique experience for you and your wedding party. I love receiving feedback such as this and cannot wait to share with Virak as well as the rest of the team. Should your travels bring you back to Amherst we'd love to treat you once again!

There are newer reviews for Hotel UMass

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

This place was perfect! It was located in the center of campus, we had new student orientation. Clean rooms, nice view, water and coffee all day! The staff was friendly and accommodating! Hope to stay there in the future.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Hello Jenn J,

Many thanks for your spectacular review. I'm thrilled to hear you had an exceptional time during your most recent stay with us. We look forward to next visit with us.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

My son is playing in a tournament at UMass Amherst. So glad we decided to stay here. So convenient! Free Cold breakfast - but nice selection of pastries. Rooms are fine -- nothing special, but clean and comfortable. No mini fridge - just FYI.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Hello mommy3ny3,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We love hearing from our valued guests such as yourself. Glad to hear you enjoyed our pastry. For future reference we also do offer mini refrigerators upon request. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here the night before her orientation and we were extremely impressed! The hotel is located within Umass Amherst and it's very convenient!

The customer service is exceptional and the room was clean and very nice - not to mention the mattress was probably the most comfortable I've ever slept on! Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Hello Angela T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback with us. I'm thrilled you were pleased with our accommodations as well as our exceptional customer service. I have had the pleasure of sleeping on our mattresses during a snowstorm or two and would say that I wholeheartedly agree with your mattress comment. Thank you again for your 5 star review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

This was a very nice place to stay and reasonably priced. It would have been even better if I was there for an event at UMass, as it is directly in the middle of campus. I was there for other reasons, though, and still found it pleasant. It's a tiny bit noisy if you have loud neighbors, but nothing really disruptive, just reminds you that you aren't alone! Breakfast is nothing special. Convenient that the student center is right below you. Free parking was very nice. I was able to walk to town in about 20 mins and it was lovely.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
LaMarCook, General Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear MDWtraveler,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the central location of our hotel along with our complimentary parking and great rates. I also appreciate your feedback on breakfast and the noise from your neighbors. It was also great to hear that you were able to walk to the center of Amherst. We look forward to see you again soon.

-LaMar

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Was super convenient since hotel is right on campus. We ordered room service for dinner and food was great. It would have been nice if room service stayed open later. Also it was only available for dinner. We wished we could have gotten room service for breakfast. All that is available was a continental breakfast. At least that was free. However would have rather paid for a hot full breakfast. Beds were sooooo uncomfortable, pillows were hard and crap linens. I would still stay again because of the convenience but was not a good night sleep at all.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
LaMarCook, General Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Hotel UMass. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and our convenient location. I apologize for the uncomfortable pillows and linens, I hope it did not disturb your stay too much. For your information we are actually in the process of replacing our linen package. Thank you again for telling us about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2017

I just came back from a parent/student orientation with my daughter at UMass, and I was deciding between staying with family in Northampton or booking a room at this hotel. I'm really glad I booked the room, because there were 2 days of lectures and events for parents, and it was so convenient to be able to just pop up to the room and relax or change clothes when I had a few chunks of time with nothing scheduled. The room was clean and comfortable, and the hotel is right in the middle of campus. It was next to the building where all the parent lectures were taking place. The staff was very polite and professional, especially Gavin at the front desk.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

JaneRph,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Hotel UMass and for sharing your great experience with Gavin. He is a valued member of our staff, and I will let him know that his efforts have not gone unnoticed. Thank you again for your kind words, as they are greatly appreciated. Congrats on your daughters acceptance to UMass. We look forward to your future stays over the next 4 years.

Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
3.4 km away
4.7 km away
Econo Lodge Hadley
Econo Lodge Hadley
#6 of 7 in Hadley

Been to Hotel UMass? Share your experiences!