See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 23, 2013

we thought from reviews that Emily's would be a good choice, especially its
location in Amherst proper. WRONG!!! For breakfast , we found a stale
package of English Muffins , stale mini muffins and 2 small pastries under
plastic wrap and fruit (2 bananas, 2 small bruised apples and twelve grapes)
THIS WAS BREAKFAST? at the priciest B & B on the list? also, NO PARKING
facilities (we were disturbed @ 10:30 at night to move our car since it was
blocking another. Emily herself is rude toward guests. Have stayed in three
other Bed & Breakfasts in the area with superb facilities and delicious home
cooked breakfasts of eggs, pancakes, yogurt, fresh coffee, etc.
ISB, NYC

Room Tip: Buyer Beware! Do not go to EMILY'S B & B
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank ISBNyc_Ny_Usa
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I realize I called last minute and that I didn't have a lot of options, but honestly. Whoever rented me the room for the night was very nice, but for what it claims to be, it's overpriced and under-done. And they don't take credit cards.

As soon as I arrived and was settling in, someone came to the door, banged to be let in and then tried their key without waiting for an answer. Luckily, I had the chain on... They were there to drop off a plant. Disruptive and annoying, but fine.

But then I noticed more issues. Obviously leftovers in the fridge and the dishes weren't even clean. I had to wash everything before I used it. Especially my cup in the morning--still coffee dregs in it from whoever had used it before! That's definitely over the top, particularly since it was the cup put out for my 'breakfast' the next morning.

The setting is lovely and it is close to downtown. However, I wouldn't recommend it to someone unless they were desperate.

• Stayed: October 2011
6  Thank KansasJenny
Reviewed April 18, 2011

First, think of this as a guest house rather than a traditional b&b. Stayed in the Emily Suite with two friends from writing group. Cotton sheets were so soft & clean and one of the things that matters most to me. Furnishings were comfortable and there was plenty of space for all 3 of us. Two others stayed in the Edith Suite and we held our writing workshop in the living room space of that suite. Kitchens had basics with lots of treats and fruit and tea for guest to use. The location rocks!!! Just down the street from library and around the corner from many restaurants, shops and local amherst haunts made this visit fun and productive. We will definitely consider returning. It was clean and most of the amenities/furnishings were basic (ie not new high end appliances, rather older features that worked and that was all we needed). Really nice oak furnishings.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank ManitoMarsh
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Had never been to bed and breakfast before, so wanted to experience it. We grew up not too far from the area, came back for visit. We enjoyed the whole experience. Great space, lovely antique furniture, comfy beds very clean. Fresh muffins and pasteries every morning with coffee, juice or tea. Just a great atmosphere!! Can't wait to go back.
Thanks Emily!!
K. Cullen

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank KCullen53
Reviewed September 14, 2009

This was a spacious and charming and space with plenty of room for me, my boyfriend and two friends in the room for only $100! Breakfast is only muffins but there are plenty of bakeries and coffee shops within a two minute walk. LOVED it!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends