“Black Walnut Inn - A Place to Return to!!”
Review of Black Walnut Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amherst
Black Walnut Inn
Ranked #3 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Four of us stayed here for one night only as we made our way to Cape Cod - shame we didn't stay longer! Two of us stayed in one of the converted stables which was soooo comfortable, whilst the other two stayed in the main house.

Maire was a fabulous host, friendly and welcoming - breakfast was marvelous. She directed us to a lovely restaurent run by her friend Judy. Maire tried to explain to us a dish including popovers - which turned out to be extra, extra large yorkshire puddings!!

Would recommend anyone to stay here, thank you Maire!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 November 2011

A very happy woman took my reservation and then told me my key would be left on the back porch! Then she invited my daughter (who I was visiting at U Mass) to come to breakfast at the Inn along with me. For me, that's the perfect feeling: hospitality, trust, no pressure to show up at a certain time and be sociable with strangers, and a little adventure: finding my key on a back porch and getting to my room all on my own! Well, everything worked out so well. Large parking area. My key was waiting for me, along with a note with my name on it. My room was spacious, gorgeous, large comfortable canopied bed, very clean and well-appointed bathroom and quiet, just like I like it. The next day, my daughter met me in the dining room and we had the BEST breakfast. I had oatmeal with craisins, brown sugar, good coffee, home made jams and muffins. My daughter also had vegetarian repast. But other people who were staying (and sat at the one large country table with us) had the locally grown sausages and bacon and eggs. I brought home a jar of their JUST MADE, STILL WARM apple marmelade, and it's wonderful. All in all, a charming time.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Read reviews on trip advisor. Rated number one for a reason. Hospitality equal to that found in the south ( which is exceptional if u haven't visited mobile al gulf shores al or Hattiesburg ms!!!) clean large rooms great food wonderful host and staff. Visited my umass student and already sad they are fully booked for graduation Again. Exceptional facility. Book early and don't stay anywhere else. Never felt written a review before although have used trip advisor to help plan all my trips for years

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2011

A great B&B in the New England tradition! Well maintained historic house with barn on spacious property with plenty of parking. Gigantic rooms with beam-ceilings and lots of sun. Marie and the staff are very friendly, professional and attentive and make you feel like you're at home. Best breakfast ever including daily home made bread and pastries, as well as jams and local products. Have been here before and look forward to coming back again especially in the fall when the foliage is fantastic. They have a 4 star rating, but I'd give them 5 stars.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Carhart Room which was large and comfortable. The room was spotlessly clean as was the rest of the premises. Breakfast was amazing with a choice of hot food all freshly cooked along with homemade muffins and jams. Rachel and Marie were extremely helpful throughout with any requests for information or recommendations to eat or see. The premises is just over two miles out of town along an almost pitch balck main road (a feature of New England it appears) which meant we couldn't walk anywhere at night however there is a regular bus. I can't however fault the rooms, food or hospitality in any way.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Felt right at home from the start. Beautifully preserved historic building. Lovely owners and staff. Even friendly dogs next door at Dan's house. Many folks were return customers. We all ended up visiting way past breakfast hours. No problem for this accommodating staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2011

A great bed - we slept better than at home - we also had a small emergency need and they took care of it for us without a question - we will certainly go there any time we are in Amherst -

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
2.1 km away
10.1 km away
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
5.6 km away
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Amherst Hadley

Been to Black Walnut Inn? Share your experiences!