“Nice suite”

SpringHill Suites Boston Andover
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Reviewed 1 June 2016

Very nice suites with all the accessories necessary including washing machine and dryer I used and enjoyed the quick service. Only missed a magnifying mirror to which I am very used to have in hotels I visited until my US trip. Wake up US we women use them so add them to the bathrooms.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Casey W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Boston Andover, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

Thank you so much for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites Boston Andover and taking time to review your stay. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 3 May 2016

We rented two rooms for a weekend baseball tournament for two nights. We were not familiar with the area and while making the reservation over the phone Laurie, the front desk person, offered to email me the back road directions because I was traveling to ballparks during Friday rush hour. In addition, the pool was being serviced last minute and the boys were disappointed. The front desk clerk called the other Marriott hotel that was 2 minutes away and arranged for us to swim there. The rooms were spotless, beds extremely comfortable (the pull out queen sofa was comfortable too!) Shower pressure amazing, bathroom extreme;y clean. Continental breakfast was good and restocked regularly: make your own waffles, bagels, yogurt, fruit, ham, toast, dried cereals, oatmeal and juices and coffee. I highly recommend this hotel not only for their outstanding customer service but the comfort, size and cleanliness of the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Casey W, Manager at SpringHill Suites Boston Andover, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2016

Thank you for staying with us and recognizing individual staff members who had the opportunity to take care of you during your recent stay. We have a great team and they truly love what they do. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2016

I guess it's good for the hotel that they were jam packed. I was there Saturday night with three small children. There were other families there as well. But also a huge crowd of people that knew each other.. perhaps part of a dance competition group.. Think Dance Moms (and Dads) because that's how loud and obnoxious they all were. Sat evening the lobby was filled with these people who were drinking and basically took over the area for hours. We tried to sit and have ice cream, but the language and noise was incredible. These same people also had alcohol in the pool area - glass bottles of wine and beer. You can picture this same group at breakfast the next morning. The took over the lobby area again and there was no place to sit and eat. The girls were sprawled all over the couches. Otherwise the pool area was fine and the room was comfortable. But I wouldn't risk booking there again if this is the clientele that usually books in.

Room Tip: Stay away from the lobby area
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Casey W, Manager at SpringHill Suites Boston Andover, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2016

Mey1448,

Thank you for your feedback! We apologize for the noise due to the kids sports groups that were in-house the night of your stay. Given that we are an all suites hotel, we tend to do a lot of group business on the weekends. We allow guests to use the breakfast room on a first come first serve basis. I apologize that you were not able to enjoy the area, and also for the inappropriate language used by other guests. I will follow-up with my team about glass bottles in public areas of the hotel as this is a safety concern. We hope to have you back again soon and appreciate your loyalty to Marriott.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

I grew up in Andover and now live in VT with my family. We were heading to visit extended family in the area for Easter and were looking for a place to stay and booked here based on reviews as well as having everything we were looking for while traveling with 2 kids - close to a highway, breakfast included, indoor pool, and 2 large beds.

We had a great experience! The staff was super friendly and check in was very easy. The staff responded quickly and efficiently to a couple of requests that we made. Room was spacious and beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent, too - a great variety and staff kept the offerings filled and hot. The pool and hot tub area were great as well, although the pool was quite cold but it wasn't a deal breaker.

We will definately stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian L
Casey W, Manager at SpringHill Suites Boston Andover, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Dear Brian L,

Thank you for staying with us at the Andover SpringHill Suites by Marriott!! I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay while visiting extended family for Easter. We appreciate your business and hope to have you and your family back again soon!

Reviewed 9 April 2016

I drove 5 hours to attend a 3 day workshop. One night the hallways were fill with (I assume )we're high school seniors on a college tour who yelled back and forth to each other across the hallway to friends in other rooms. Not peaceful. The breakfast area the next morning overflowed with people and there was not enough seating. Tonight my floor and the floor above me is pounding from young children running up and down the hallway and it is 9:45 pm. The running has been going on since 6pm. I can't concentrate on my work notr can I think about relaxing and possibly going to sleep. I was going to spend another night here before my drive home but my entire stay here has been annoying. I believe the hotel staff did all they could to address my discomfort.

Room Tip: ask if any special parties or groups have booked and then ask to be on a different floor and possibl...
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Dear Joan R,
Thank you for staying at the SpringHill Suites Andover and for taking the time to share comments about your recent experience. Please accept my apology for the noise disturbance that occurred from the groups we had in-house this weekend. I completely understand your frustration with this situation and also how important a good nights sleep is.

Reviewed 28 March 2016

This so far has been our best experience Hotel wise so far. As you can see if you like that we have stayed at three hotels in the Lowell/Andover area and at this point unless we find something else that matches this hotel or exceeds it we will be returning. As others have stated its down a bit of the beaten path in a buisness park. But this is not a problem. Pretty quiet and not crowded. Ample parking when we got there. Check in was a breeze and room was surprisingly laid out nice. As you enter there is a pull out couch to right and small kitchen area on left, microwave, fridge, sink, coffee maker,desk and some cabinet and counter space. As you get into the bed area and bathroom area on left the sink is separate from the toilet and shower, which is nice. Plenty of room in bathroom area. No squeekey floors below or above. Plenty of towels and the usual shower stuff. We were pleasantly surprised at the stiffness of the mattress, not that that was bad it sort of reminded me of ours at home, we have a Casper which is firm but not too firm. Anyway it was not a bad sleep. There is another hotel before this one but we picked this Marriott because it had an indoor pool and hot tub. The other one is outside. Free breakfast in the am which was ok. Scrambled eggs, and the waffle maker that beeps, cereal, fruit, milk, juice, Danish, bread choices yogurt and sausage. Not a huge variety, but enough to get you started. Then there are two restaurants pretty much around the corner. Chillis and and I believe and Italian style restaurant. We went to Chillis, seeing that there is no bar Chillis is close enough that you could walk to it. We also hit a pretty nice mall just up I93 in New Hampshire that took up a few hours of our time. So, the bottom line we will be returning. Maybe not immediately but as we return for sophomore year at UMass Lowell there will be other long weekends we will need to spend up in the area and this may just be the place to stay.

Room Tip: Anywhere I quess.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Casey W, Manager at SpringHill Suites Boston Andover, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Thank you for staying with us at the Andover SpringHill Suites by Marriott!! I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and the layout of your room. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you and your family back again soon!

Reviewed 26 February 2016

Stayed at the SHS again, after a long time going to other hotels in the area. I have been a Marriott Rewards Member for a long time, but I can't afford to stay in them anymore. The hotel is in good shape and the employees are nice and helpful. They have a pretty good breakfast in the morning, but get there early because the area fills up fast. Thank goodness I was only there for one night, because they had a full house, due to a lot of families attending a "dance contest" in the area. There were unsupervised kids running around the hotel all day and night. I am not blaming the hotel for any of this, but because of this, you really couldn't do anything. This hotel is located in a business park, so during the weekends there is no life around it day or night. We stay in the area sometimes, when we go up to NH shopping.

Room Tip: Good luck. Just hope you don't stay during the many family events going on in the area.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Casey W, Manager at SpringHill Suites Boston Andover, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Andover SpringHill Suites. I am happy to hear that you found the hotel in good shape and the associates helpful. I apologize that the lack of parent supervision for the groups that we had in-house had a negative impact on your stay. Your feedback has been shared with the appropriate members of our team to ensure they are not repeated in the future. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to Andover soon!