“Convenient for travelers”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We drive by on Rt93 quite frequently and have always talked about stopping. We decided to try it today. It was peak time on a Saturday night. First impression was how large the restaurant was. We only had to wait about 15 minutes (we were told it could be 20). Our waiter greeted us immediately and took our order. He returned promptly with drinks, bread, appetizers and salad. The rolls were hot and delicious and a good quantity. The salads were a basic iceberg and were acceptable. We ordered steak and chicken marsala. Steak was ok although a little fatty for the high price. The chicken Marsala was decent but had an extreme amount of pepper. All in all the food was average for a restaurant that big with that extensive of a menu. It was what we expected. The convenience to the highway was a plus but the shining star was the service. Nate was on the ball and we didn't wait for anything. He anticipated our needs and had good follow through. We would return.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Lunch at 1:00ish on a long weekend trip. Family-style, not fancy, but friendly, attentive server and food that tasted like it was actually made today by a person who cared. Pillowy toasted ravioli and pomodoro gnocchi (new dish, I recommend), tender chicken parm on fresh ciabatta. Some of the dishes could be a touch saltier (I am from the South), but the red sauce and creamy tomato sauce are simple and fresh. Old standby, it seems (placemat says, "Since 1933"), but a good one.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

First impression was a toss up between comfortable and tired. The menu contains all of the traditional classics, every kind of American Italian food you would expect - aka authentic ;). There is also an extensive gluten free menu.

My salmon was excellent. But the rice was not cooked enough to be considered al dente. The cole slaw had no flavor.

The strangest was the cooked spinach. It smelled of ammonia. This is not an exaggeration. And I had others in our party smell it. I did some research and learned that ammonia is used in food processors for sterilizing. I'm not saying this is the case. But the alternative is frightening.

The Chateau looks like a nice place and appears to be popular. It doesn't hurt that it is right off of the highway. So I would say its greatest strength is its convenience.

I gave this establishment a 3 out of 5 because of the top notch service and the excellent salmon, though my personal experience says otherwise. I will not return.

For the gluten free: Their menu has a disclaimer. The Chateau periodically reviews the ingredients of food from their suppliers and takes no responsibility for changes that may occur between their reviews.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

First time going there with my Mom and oh man it was very good! If you want some great Italian food this is the place to go!

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

A friendly atmosphere with great service.
The food was very good with generous portions. The wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable.
They easily accommodated our large group of 40.
The only draw back is they will not split checks. It’s one check per table. Period.

Been to Chateau Restaurant? Share your experiences!