“Amazing experience /Food with Personality”

Elm Square Oyster Co.
Ranked #21 of 69 Restaurants in Andover
Reviewed 17 October 2017

This is an upmarket restaurant located in Andover; the kitchen is run by Michael Sherman - an excellent chef! One must booked few days in advance. We had dinner of the full chef tasting menu; what an amazing experience! Food was of highest quality as you would expect and drinks were excellent too. Presentation of the food was also amazing; very sophisticated textures and colors - delightful to your eyes not just to your taste buds. The service was excellent. The décor is comfortable and casual. The atmosphere was lively. All the 6 courses were good and very well presented.

1  Thank Daniela_Boston

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I took my daughter to this restaurant for her 28th birthday. We had an amazing time. Staff was so friendly. The drinks were wonderful. My daughter tried all the oysters on the menu and loved everyone. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. We has such a good time. We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Stopped in for a drink with some friends. To my surprise it was hopping! The new owner came over and introduced herself (which was so very nice) My only complaint was the appetizer offerings. Not much to our liking- I would hope they expand the variety.

2  Thank Lisa l
Reviewed 19 July 2017

I wanted to give this 4 stars so bad. A group of 7 of us dined here last night. First I will say the atmosphere was awesome. We loved the neighborhood and the charm. Our server Carrie Ann was awesome - she not only had a good grasp of the menu and specials, she was also attentive and quick. Our drinks and appetizers were also a highlight. Some of the best calamari I've had.
The disappointment was the main course. Out of seven of us not a single person was happy with their dinner. The ricotta pasta sounded and looked amazing, but it was tasteless. A perfect bite with a lot of bacon and corn made it tolerable but overall it was bland, and under seasoned. All three sirloins at the table were barely eaten - the toughest steak I've ever seen served at a restaurant in this price range. Lastly, a simple burger ordered medium well was served barely medium rare.
Long story short, stick to the cocktails and appetizers. We also enjoyed listening to the bearded bartender eloquently and passionately describe the cocktails. We ordered several of them after easdropping on patrons at the bar.

1  Thank Angela S
Reviewed 2 April 2017

We have a goal to eat at each of the restaurants in our town during the winter and spring. We decided to try this restaurant on the list. Maybe the name should have clued us in to there specialty - oysters- which we're not fond of. Our bottle of wine was very good, but we had to pay for a snack to accompany it. The herbed fries were better than the very small portion of cheese my husband had as a "snack." The menu was pretty limited. I chose the sirloin which was a bit tough. I did like the smoked mashed potato. My husband's pasta dish was quite small. We enjoy dining out and this was an expensive dinner for not a great experience. There are definitely better choices for a better price than this. I've has better beef at an Outback than here. Sorry, but we won't be coming back. Even with a very limited menu, there were at least two items that they were out of, which makes me wonder.

2  Thank JKS55