“Repeated visits-several years”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Cape Cod
“Repeated visits-several years”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stay at this hotel whenever we are attending an event at nearby Holy Cross College. Apparently they keep up to date records and always place us in the area of the hotel that we
find most convenient. The breakfast is fresh and very adequate. We have always found all the employees very pleasant, helpful and very honest. I had left a piece of jewelry in our room and
had not missed it when I received a call at home, that an employee had turned it in to the office.

Room Tip: We prefer the first floor corridor.t
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 March 2012 via mobile

This is an older property but has been well maintained. I've stayed here 3 times and my rooms have always been clean, beds comfortable, etc... The staff has always been friendly and helpful. Prices are fairly average for the area. Ask to stay on the upper floors, though. I found my night on the ground floor to be a bit noisy. There is a mall across the street if you like to shop but you'll have to drive into Worcester for a decent restaurant. As my review title said, this is a good choice for the area.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank steverinsc
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I would not hesitate to stay here again. The staff were friendly and accommodating (e.g. there was no fuss about requesting a late checkout), and the room was pleasant, well-equipped, and clean. My room faced the back of the hotel, and I could not hear any noise at night, so I slept very well.

I was given an "executive" room - there was a microwave and refrigerator, and the usual coffee/tea-making equipment. I used the free wireless internet (the signal strength was good enough to hold a Skype video/audio call).

The free buffet breakfast included some hot items (different each day: eggs and bacon, or eggs and sausage; fresh hot waffles, which you cook yourself in a waffle maker), and there were several different types of cereal, pastries/bread/bagels, juices, yoghurts, and coffee.

There's a Starbucks next door (walking distance - only a few steps).

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Can_Scotland
Gardiner, Maine
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I have stayed here for six months. I live on the road. I have stayed every place. The comfort inn is always a good choice. The maid people are the back bone of this place. Sincerly Chris.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Probably cheaper than others in area but not cheap enough. Room was not that clean and outdated. Breakfast was good and is next to a Starbucks. Will skip Auburn altogether next time.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Arcade, New York
Reviewed 21 October 2010

There are certainly other hotels in the area and I have tried a couple of them, but keep coming back to the Comfort Inn. The price is reasonable. The rooms are getting older but are well maintained and clean. Some, though not all, have a microvave and a fridge. Rooms have a coffee maker, iron and ironing board, and wireless internet that works fine. The TV's are not HD, but get a decent selection of channels. There isn't a pool, but there is an exercise room. The staff is always friendly and helpful, especially Jim. I once had car trouble and he directed me to his local mechanic who took care of me and didn't over charge the "guy from outta town". There are restaurants near by, but not in the hotel. I'll be here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
massachusetts
Reviewed 16 February 2010

My boyfriend and i stayed at the comfort inn in Auburn, Ma. on Feb,13th it was my valentine's present . We reserved a jacuzzi room two weeks prior. Checked in got to the room we had no microwave or refrigerator as we were told there was one in every jacuzzi room , so i called the front desk and the man had to change our room. We finally get in the new room ,ran the tub which took 20 min. to fill started the jets and brownish green algae came pouring out it was disgusting! We then drained the tub and had to scrub and clean it (not fun happy valentines day) started the process over we then after 20 more min. got in started the jets and the same brownish green algae poured into the tub. My boyfriend and i were beyond upset the man at the desk said we would get a full refund, well in the morning I waited for someone to come look at what was floating in the tub,no one came . The woman at the front desk (new shift) said the man on the night shift should never have told us we would get a full refund because we stayed in the room they were still charging us for a regular room rate, we would have left if that was the case. We will never stay at a comfort inn again totally filthy and disgusting .

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank muffy1313
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
1.1 km away
8.9 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Worcester
12.0 km away
Quality Inn & Suites Worcester

Been to Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester? Share your experiences!