All reviews daniel webster bagels no elevator single room in town beautiful inside the main house off season continental breakfast comfortable bed small room heart of downtown old house our honeymoon restaurants and shops wonderful stay white elephant
Reviewed June 8, 2016 via mobile

Wonderful central location, a grand dame and representative of historical Nantucket. No elevator. Lots of stairs to climb, though, a beautiful interior staircase. Assistance available from a nice bellhop. A very inefficient room with a bed butted up against the wall. More climbing. For almost $300 night with taxes this really is nutty ( maybe full disclosure regarding one side only bed access should be included when booking!). Underneath the bed hadn't been checked by the manager...white glove test needed! Bathroom is very small and tired. Vent looked dirty. Patio sound system could be heard in room. Window AC loud( I know an old building has issues with AC ). Nightly rate needs to reflect these annoyances. Large flat screen TV on patio is an eyesore and more noise pollution for a historic property especially. Staff pleasant. Parking onsite. Rating would have been higher if bed was accessible from both sides, if the room was cleaner and if patio noise didn't exist. Coffee and tea available day and night would be hospitable. On a scale from 1-10 overall score = 6

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank restaurantgirl2015
Michael S, General Manager at Jared Coffin House, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2016

Dear restaurantgirl2015,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your experience. I am so glad that you enjoyed the service. The notes you provided in reference to the room and functionality are very helpful for us; I also want to let you know that I have personally addressed the housekeeping concern directly with our team.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Jared Coffin House on your next visit to Nantucket, and if I can be of any personal assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed May 31, 2016

Overall I had a very nice stay at the Jared Coffin House. I would say it was one of the smallest beds/rooms that I have ever stayed in but the service that the hotel and its staff offers quickly makes up for it. The House itself is centrally located and has a beautiful interior. The breakfast was very nice and the muffins were great! Beyond that, the Pre-arrival concierge adds considerable value and all of the staff at the hotel makes every effort to accommodate your needs while there. From Sofia at the front desk to Paula, the innkeeper, I certainly felt like family during my stay. No staff member however compared to Michael, who went above and beyond to ensure our trip was a success. Think it is safe to say that Michael helped make the trip so memorable. Would recommend a stay.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Lord_Brut,

Thank you for taking the time to share this thoughtful review of your recent visit to the Jared Coffin House. I was so pleased to hear that you “felt like family” during your stay and that Paula and our team, and in particular, Michael, made such a memorable and favorable impression on your visit.

I will be sure to share your kind and heartfelt sentiments with our team and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again real soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

Stayed at the Jared Coffin House during the off-season. Didn't get to stay at the main hotel but the Daniel Webster building. The hotel was quite comfortable, staff friendly and bagels or cereal is offered for breakfast in the price. Room has a mini fridge so if you want to pick up items at Stop and Shop.This is a great location as it is walkable to a number of attractions. Not far from Brant Point Lighthouse, Jetties beach, Children's beach, Steps Beach and Wharf.

Room Tip: choose the 1st floor. There are no elevators
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2016

There is something special about this centrally-located historic inn. Gorgeous renovation and welcoming and comfortable rooms. I stayed in King size bed room on top floor. I was treated to great views of the harbor. Just steps away from the entrance one finds many of Nantucket's great restaurants. Morning breakfast is simple but satisfying (bagels, muffins, yogurt, juice, coffee, tea). Free wifi, flat screen tv and extremely comfortable bed and bedding are all appreciated. The bathroom was small but not uncomfortable. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Best views are from top floor
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Michael S, General Manager at Jared Coffin House, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2016

Dear GMBG,

It was a delight to read the review of your recent experience here at the Jared Coffin House. Your feedback on the decor, guest room and view was kind and thoughtful. I was also pleased to see that you enjoyed our breakfast and appreciated the complimentary wi-fi.

Thank you again for the lovely sentiments and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Nantucket!

Reviewed February 22, 2016

Years ago, "The Jared" used to accept very well behaved dogs.

They no longer do, or at least they did not when I was last there. My Jack Russell Terrier, "Shubael" used to love to stay here. The rooms were luxuriously antiqued and the beds were very high and plush.
The dining room, is simple and easy with very "New Englandish" foods cooked to perfection! The richly tasting steaks are wonderful!

Shubael, always got a tiny piece after we dined there, which he LOVED! The hotel staff, always made him feel like a little King and catered to his every need, then.

The rooms are lush with antiques and the hotel sits right downtown, an easy walk from the Steamship Ferry. The staff are super great, caring and polite.
I love "The Jared" and would stay there over an dover and over, it's a wonderful warm and inviting hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a nice room, they are all great!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Shubael
Michael S, General Manager at Jared Coffin House, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2016

Dear Shubael,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was delighted to hear that our team provided you with such wonderful service, and that they made your visit, along with Shubael’s, a truly memorable one in past years.

Our sister property, The Cottages & Lofts, is pet friendly and offers unparalleled water views overlooking the Boat Basin while welcoming four-legged friends with a host of fun treats and pet amenities; we pride ourselves on ensuring that they receive the same high level of service and hospitality as their owners do.

We hope to welcome you back to Nantucket for a future visit and if I can be of any personal assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at msharlet@NIResorts.com. In the meantime, thank you again for your kind and thoughtful message.

Jared Coffin House and The Cottages & Lofts