All reviews daniel webster bagels no elevator in town beautiful inside the main house off season continental breakfast comfortable bed small room heart of downtown old house our honeymoon restaurants and shops wonderful stay white elephant ferry
Reviewed October 9, 2018

We stayed here last weekend and were both appalled at the decor of the room, lumpy bed and the condition of the bathroom which has NOT been updated since...? The bathroom is institutional with ZERO FRILLS, including ancient faucets, no vanity and a little wobbly painted side table next to the sink! The "breakfast" is 4 muffins and a pot of coffee, so definitely don't count on that. Another pet peeve was the blinds in our room which did not block the early morning light at all. Overall, we were disappointed but I must add that our room felt clean.

Stayed: October 2018
JasonC7219, General Manager at Jared Coffin House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear nicoletravels,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very disappointed to read that you were ultimately unhappy with your room choice. We do have several different room options available for our guests, from the smaller rooms you mention above all the way up to Queen and King beds in our more spacious, superior rooms, many of which have recently updated bathrooms. If guests are not initially happy with their room selection, our front desk agents are always on hand and willing to see what other options are available to suit our guest’s needs. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly, should you wish to discuss your stay further. I can be reached at 508-638-5451.

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

The Jared Coffin House is a beautiful historic building. The place was immaculate & the staff bent over backwards to please their guests. Prior to arriving the Consierge reached out to me to ask if I needed help with anything.
I’m sure I’ll be staying there again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
JasonC7219, General Manager at Jared Coffin House, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear janice g,

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be so accommodating and that everything was to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Jared Coffin House in the near future.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

First time trying this hotel and glad I did stay. Aside from the historic setting, the rooms are nice, albeit small, and with some miniscule showers in the room I had. Offers a nice and free continental breakfast every morning, offers beach chairs and umbrellas at no charge and can access to bikes as well. A very good and friendly staff tries to meet every request. Try it, think you will enjoy it.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob J
Jason C, General Manager at Jared Coffin House, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Dear Bob J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary amenities and that you found our staff to be hospitable. We look forward to your next visit to the Jared Coffin House.

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Right in the heart of the city. We stayed Fourth of July weekend and it was right near everything. We even went to the beach and they had beach chairs and towels for us!!! Loved staying there and would stay again

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Jason C, General Manager at Jared Coffin House, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Dear Brittany B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take advantage of our many complimentary services. We look forward to your next visit to The Jared Coffin House.

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here 20 years ago on our honeymoon ...and came back for another visit.... the entire experience was as excellent as we remembered ...we stayed in room 401....which had a nice view of the Main Street... great bed and shower....and the phonograph in the room was a hoot..! The service at this hotel was top notch....everyone was so nice....many of the employees are from Jamaica.....and their attention to detail and friendly smiles ......made me want to go back to Jamaica as well.... free bikes and breakfast was a pleasant surprise ....the croissants were the best I ever had....

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear BarnicleBrad,

Thank you for your review. I am very happy to hear that the service and experience was as excellent during this stay as it was during your honeymoon 20 years ago. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Jared Coffin House in the near future.