“Shepard's Pie, grilled cheese and Guiness”
Review of Kitty Murtagh

Kitty Murtagh
Ranked #49 of 151 Restaurants in Nantucket
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Nantucket's only Irish Pub. Join us upstairs for some traditional Irish hearty fare, try our Beef Stew or Beer Battered Fish & Chips. or join us downstairs in our intimate dinning room for our Soup & Salad bar, Triple Tenderloin or Shrimp Scampi.
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

A solid choice off the beaten path across from The Green. It's more of an Irish pub, locals, but good comfort food.

Sat at a table in the back - drinks were a solid pour. We had a grilled cheese (sourdough, 3 cheeses, tomato, bacon) so good. The beef stew and Shepard's pie were all good.

And don't have to deal with all the tourists.

Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

We went to Kitty's with our family on a busy Saturday night and we were promptly seated. The waiter "Fitz" was friendly and accommodating when a person in our party wanted a substitution ( instead of tuna tartare salad ... cooked salmon)!
I realize on a busy night substitutions arent easy.... but Fitz was willing to accommodate and also was so pleasant. We have been to
Kittys many times as summer residents and it is always a pleasure! Well trained staff with a pleasant way about them!

Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

Friends took us on a Tuesday night - it's $5 burger night. TRUE. We added cheese and bacon, and a round of drinks for 4 came to $48! Great food.

Reviewed March 7, 2017 via mobile

John, created an Irish Porterhouse on Nantucket that has become a local and visitor favorite among those who are Irish [although you do NOT need to be Irish to appreciate it!]

Even though I am NOT Irish, I will return here many times. From the first floor pub atmosphere with high seats for tall tables and some bench seats with many flat screen TVs AND pool table to the cozy booth friendly [tables as well] sub level with fresh break and a salad bar and bits of steaming soup sides, this is an immediate favorite.

The food is great, the atmosphere friendly, and the service grand!

Reviewed March 3, 2017

We've just come back from vacation in West Cork and are missing pub food among other things. West Cork and the Wild Atlantic Way has a lot in common with Nantucket. One of the most missed of Irish treasures is draught Guinness which I happily discovered is available at Kitty Murtagh's. That is what drew me there originally. Now I am a fan of the food also...from Kinsale Seafood Chowder to the traditional Fish and Chips everything I've tried so far has been delicious. And I was pleased to find vegetable side dishes holding their own .... wait till you try the brussel sprouts! So I came for the beer and stayed for the food. As a year round Nantucketer I am delighted that it is open year round. As an Airbnb host i can now recommend it enthusiastically to our summer visitors.

2  Thank mbsplaine