All reviews jetties beach poolside room decorated lobby providing access nice pool free breakfast rooms are clean and comfortable close to town hot apple cider rehearsal dinner ten minute walk rent bikes heated pool front desk staff perfect location wine festival christmas stroll
Reviewed June 28, 2018

Firstly, this is not a hotel but a motel, which is very different!

Secondly, it is extremely expensive for what it is: $455.29 for a queen bedroom. It's only a 2 star hotel...

Thirdly, the mattress was extremely soft (new but soft). I could not sleep at all the whole night. Neither on the bed, nor on the sofa. So a sleepless night at $455.29... Great! We only had one day in Nantucket, for my boyfriend's birthday... I waited years to come to Nantucket, and was really looking forward to that weekend. Instead, my boyfriend and I argued because I was sleep deprived, and the weekend was ruined!

Fourthly, it was far from the center, and that long walk in the dark was not very pleasant! Fortunately, I was not alone as I would not have gotten out of the room otherwise...

And finally, there were lots of very nice hotels or boutique hotels in the center of Nantucket that were under $300.00.

I've had a HORRIBLE experience at 'The Beachside', and I strongly discourage anybody to stay there!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oscar75019
KarenK12_12, Owner at The Beachside, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

oscar75019, Due to your incorrect review, I looked deeply into your reservation with us. You booked your stay with us through a third party reservation system, Expedia. Expedia informed us that you had called them to say that you had never stayed here, when in fact, you did, and that you wanted your money back from them. We informed Expedia that you did stay here, and that during your stay, your boyfriend actually apologized to the front desk reservation staff after you left because of your continued negative behavior. All of our beds are new pillow top beds that our guests find very comfortable, and I have had no complaints about them to date.
Our rates are very competitive with other island hotels and guests houses, and in fact, we are much more affordable. We are a clean, comfortable hotel and welcome our repeat guests and families now for more than fifty years. We are only a 12 minute walk from downtown Nantucket, which is very convenient for our guests, and not a "long walk" as you mentioned.
Your inaccurate and negative review is reflective of your inappropriate behavior during your stay here, and I would suggest that you find another hotel on the island during a future stay, as clearly, The Beachside does not fit your needs.
Thank you, Karen Keelan, Managing Partner, The Beachside at Nantucket

Reviewed May 23, 2018

This is my first time here. Though it was a rainy weekend, it was such a warm atmosphere in the lobby. The staff greeting us warmly and showed us to our room. It was clean and well cared for and a great size for our family of five. Every need had been anticipated and we had a place for everything in our room. We arrived at night by uber and were surprised the next morning to find that we were no more than a 5 minute walk to town and maybe 6 minute walk to Jetties Beach. It was perferct, a walk with the kids into town after continental breakfast, we picked up lunch for them in town, walked to our events later, then over to Jetties Beach, back to the hotel and then in town for dinner. I was actually surprised at the location after researching many hotels. For the price, the location, the cleanliness of the rooms and the helpful and positive staff, I gave this property five stars and will definitely plan to return. I would LOVE to stay when it was warm, sunny and the pool was open as well.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank VacationMom13
KarenK12_12, Owner at The Beachside, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

VacationMom13, I am so happy to hear of your wonderful experience at the Beachside and on this beautiful island of Nantucket! Our location is perfect, as you say, as we are close to town and nearby Jetties beach. The Wine and Food festival is a very popular event, and even the rainy, cool weekend did not keep people away!
We just opened our beautiful pool for the season today for the upcoming busy Memorial Day weekend. I hope that you and your family will come back to visit us again in the near future, so you can enjoy the island and the Beachside in the upcoming summer season! Thank you, Karen Keelan, Managing Partner, The Beachside at Nantucket

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

We loved this place , the staff were absolutely delightful, room was very clean. Although we didnt enjoy the breakfast it looked great. A short stroll to the town made this property ideally positioned. Five weeks in the US and the wifi was the best experienced. THANK YOU BEACHSIDE TEAM

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
KarenK12_12, Owner at The Beachside, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

Phillip c., Thank you so much for letting us know of your recent stay with us at The Beachside! Our staff is wonderful and we are so glad that you enjoyed your visit. Our convenient location gives our guests many options to enjoy the beautiful island of Nantucket. We hope that you will be back to visit us again in the near future! Thank you, Karen Keelan, Managing Partner, The Beachside at Nantucket

Reviewed February 1, 2018

I'm trying to plan my friends bachelorette party here and it is frustrating. I had to make a reservation online since they are closed for the season and they automatically take it out of your credit card, which is fine...I guess. However, to communicate about rooms and reservations no staff is there until April and they do not answer emails or voicemails. I put a lot of money on my credit card to not get any customer service for three months!!!!! I'm annoyed. I stayed there before and I enjoyed my stay, that is why I booked it again, but they really need to do something about their lack of communication.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Moe E
KarenK12_12, Owner at The Beachside, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Moe, We do have our reservation office seven days a week year round, and at this time in the winter, our hours are 9 am to 5 pm. I am not sure why you were unable to reach our reservation office but if you could please call 1-800-322-4433 during those hours, our General Manager, Lisa, will be happy to help you make the arrangements for your bachelorette party.
If you have any further issues in not getting through, please email me at karen@thebeachside.com and I will assist.
I apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. Thank you, Karen Keelan, Managing Partner, The Beachside at Nantucket

Reviewed January 25, 2018

Stayed at The Beachside last summer with four girlfriends and had the absolute best time (because of that just booked a return trip for June). The GM and staff were so friendly and helpful, whether it was to call us a cab, suggest DVDs for us to borrow, etc. The heated pool was a welcomed amenity since Nantucket has a tendency for weather that doesn't always allow for the perfect day at the beach. The complimentary breakfast hit the spot in the mornings and the hotel's location is great, a quick walk to town and an even easier bike ride. So happy I found this place!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends