“Fabulous”

Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Federal and Centre
Description: Dune, new to Nantucket in 2009, is a creation of Michael Getter, formerly of 21 Federal and American Seasons restaurants. The décor in our three distinct dining rooms is a blend of sophisticated elegance and soothing comfort. Along with our exotic quartzite bar and charming patio we offer an extensive selection of handcrafted cocktails, wines, spirits and cordials along with offering full lunch, dinner and dessert menus. The ever changing menu showcases an innovative selection of the finest in seasonal local produce, fish and meats from regional farms and select purveyors. During the summer season we serve lunch and dinner daily. Bar opens at 5:00pm every day.
Reviewed October 21, 2018

My wife was taken to Dune for the first time by a friend while I was traveling. She gave rave reviews to the food, the service and the ambiance. I have never heard her so enthusiastic about a restaurant. Fortunately, she did not have to split the bill, which was astronomical.

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

We can’t say enough about our entire meal at Dune. From the steak to the Halibut it was incredible. Beet salad app and bread with salted butter some of the best we’ve had. Very unique curry sauce in the halibut was amazing and the steak cooked perfectly. Pot de creme a bonus !

Reviewed October 17, 2018

Each of the three ordered items was unique, a delight and priced appropriately. The beet salad was the best I've ever had. I found myself with my eyes closed to concentrate on the mix of flavors of the pork belly plate. The chocolate pot de creme was also spot on and filled the bill.

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

Great meal and very good service. Expensive. Easy to find. Centrally locates. Only drawback is that it is a bit noisy.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

Our group of six had dinner in the upstairs dining room at Dune, and had a very good meal with wine and drinks. Cost ran around $750, about what one would expect at one of Nantucket's better restaurants. The entrees and appetizers were very good, and lived up to the price. The wine selections were decent.

The desserts were to die for. We had a pot de crème contest between the three restaurants we dined at during our island visit, and Dune was the winner by far!

Service at Dune was very good and attentive. The only sour note was the music, which was too loud rock and roll. It was out of tone with what we would normally experience at a high end restaurant both in song selection and certainly volume. It was like the music at the bar downstairs was left on throughout the restaurant. I like the Eagles song book just fine, but not blaring while I'm having a great dinner in a nice restaurant.