“Cod and Halibut”
Review of American Seasons

American Seasons
Reserve with OpenTable
American Seasons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 151 Restaurants in Nantucket
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed September 3, 2016

Husband had grilled octopus with guancale. Yum! I had scallops to start. Yum! He had halibut and I had the cod. Yum! Charming waitress, Rebecca. Fast service. I'm surprised by all the people who say the service is slow. Maybe later than we were there. Also heard portions small, but they did not seem so to me. A totally pleasant dinner.

1  Thank Portia1125

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

I went there with couple of other friends who dine regularly there and had quite high expectations as was very highly recommended.
I had Gazpacho for starter and Fish for mains both of them were ok nothing special and definitely not the best I ever had.
Seating which was our side but covered was bit disappointing as in a lovely weather wanted to have open skies.
May be my expectations were higher or may be I ordered not the best from menu.

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

A little pricey but delicious. Definitely a gorgeous ambiance. Expect to spend some time. Service is a bit slow. The bread was also warm and delicious!

Reviewed August 22, 2016

I went with a group of 14 - three couples and our teenage children. We ate outside under the awnings. The place is very dimly lit, as others have noted. Cocktails were excellent, if pricey. I ordered the gazpacho to open, and it was superb. I followed that with the pork belly, which was also excellent, though the portion was on the small side. Others at the table were quite happy with the Ribeye, though one was overdone, but that was addressed by the staff. The summer squash casserole ordered by two vegetarians in our group was enjoyed, but it really was more of a warm salad than a casserole, and not substantial enough to be considered an entree, IMO. Service was, on the whole, very good.

Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

Such a pity. American Seasons used to be one of the better spots, and one of our favorite places on the island, but the service was atrociously slow. Over 2 1/2 hours and that didn't include dessert because after 30 minutes of waiting for dessert we cut bait, paid the bill, and left. Apparently there was a family issue with someone in the kitchen which, if true, we feel bad about, but an operation on the level of American Seasons cannot fall apart this easily. It just can't. Not based on the prices people pay to eat there. And the fact that they didn't comp something, anything, was simply clueless and shows that the manager was asleep the wheel. I really hope they tighten the bolts on their operation because it used to be a great spot.