“Great lobster roll”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2016

Four of us had lunch here, I got the lobster roll. The meat was fresh with just the right amount of mayo on a toasted roll with a little butter. The roll couldn't hold the chunks of lobster. My wife had the fish and chips, which was also very good. The bloody Mary's were excellent as well.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed August 23, 2016

I was really wanting to like this place because it seemed a bit more casual and a local's place but my bay scallop dish didn't live up to expectations. The chowder was though perhaps the best on the island and that's saying a lot. We might return.

Reviewed August 21, 2016

Hello Jonas,
We had a lovely vacation in Nantucket last week until we went to your establishment on our last day waIting for the ferry. The hostess was rude and curt (long blonde hair) and her waitress (short girl with brown hair) on duty yesterday August 20th at around 12:00 p.m. at the high top for 3 table to left of hostess facing boatside were the absolute worst and rudest I have ever seen. The brunette should not be out with the public representing you and your fine establishment as we were among 3 tables of people who complained about her. She was angry that we were not eating full lunch as it was late afternoon and seemed put out to be serving us. We all had a few drinks and appetizers and asked for bread she was very put out that she had to get it for us. She and the hostess were looking right at us and were laughing at the whole thing. Then when I took my credit card out on the table (not for anyone to take) as I was just getting ready to ask for the check, she came and took the card without even giving me a check. I told her I would like to see a check first and then pay. She practically threw it at us - simply disgraceful behavior. Needless to say we gave her a 10% tip when I always pay 20% for good service and even that was giving her too much. She should focus on serving the customers and try and be at least a little bit cheerful as that is her job. Being polite seemed to be way our of her league and she could not be more unpleasant. We could not believe how rude she was to us for no reason at all. She seemed to hate her job and everybody she was serving. I went up to her and the hostess upon leaving your neat place and told them they were incredibly rude to us and the other two tables next to us and they really need better social skills. I would fire them immediately if it were my restaurant as I would only tolerate nice people working for me. Many thanks for reading this as I thought you would want to know what your staff is doing while you are off premises. I also hope you set some better standards for your staff. I know if it were mine I would take appropriate action. Thanks again for your time.

3  Thank louneyj
Reviewed August 19, 2016

This place is a casual water-front restaurant right near the docks. The food is constantly good and the service I'd friendly. Definitely make a reservation, it fills up fast. It is also really very loud at dinner, so beware you won't be able to chat much and the elderly won't be able to hear much. Fun place though.

Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

Grabbed a quick lunch here before we went home and we were blown away! The tuna tartar was SO fresh and delicious, had a unique sauce that really made it. I had a flatbread that was amazing and my boyfriend had the crab cake special that was hands down the best seafood I've ever had. The vibe in the restaurant is very casual and divey but I prefer that over stuffy any day. It seems like the locals know it's "the spot". Can't wait to go back!!!

1  Thank cmculnane