“Best meal ever!!!”

Price range: US$59 - US$99
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Owned and operated by Chef Joseph Keller The Company of the Cauldron Is a unique dinning experience! Quindesential old school hospitality at it's finest, Price fixe "dinner only" Menu changes daily If you want to feel as if you have your own private chef, make reservations to dine at The Company of the Cauldron. Located in the heart of Nantucket's Historic District, the abundant charm of this small red building with ivy-covered windows invites you to enter. Inside the doorway massed flowers greet you. Just beyond, tables glow softly, lit only by candles. The kitchen is open and can be seen from the dining room. As French cafe music gently wafts in the background, sweeping you away to a romantic French cafe, where the dinning experience is meant to be shared, and the food and wine fully enjoyed in fantastic company. The menu features classics and elevated comfort food that have been refined and developed over the years of his culinary career, and is reflected in his many cookbooks.
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Unreal food, unreal staff, unreal decor! Cannot wait to go back! Went twice in 2 weeks when we travelled to Nantucket! Seriously my favorite restaurant...........Amazing dinners!

Date of visit: October 2018
COMPANYCAULDRON, Assistant to Chef Joseph Keller at Company of the Cauldron, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Hello MV Tracey,
We are blushing!
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience. I will share your review with our entire team and they will be thrilled! Truly, Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for sharing. We all work so very hard to ensure our guests feel comfortable and taken care of so they can enjoy the moment and Chef Keller's beyond delicious food. It is so nice to hear that attention is appreciated. We are great full for you and look forward to your return at the table soon. Cheers, The Company Team

Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

Came here with high expectations and was disappointed with the chicken. I’m not a fan of dark meat and that’s all that was provided except for a medallion of breast which I did not want to deprive my significant other of. Shame on the owner, I think I was given a dollars worth of chicken. I wasn’t asked how everything was so I let them know my disappointment with the 90% dark meat. Would not come back - too many good places to eat on Nantucket to waste my money here.

1  Thank borntoresist47
COMPANYCAULDRON, Public Relations Manager at Company of the Cauldron, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Hello Born to Resist,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I only wish you would have been more forthcoming on your visit. You comments came as a shock as everyone in the dinning room and I mean everyone with the exception of your table, took home chicken and the fixings. If for some strange reason you did not get enough or wanted more white meat, all you had to do was to ask your server, as we checked in with you several times and we would have been more than happy to oblige.
That being said we are in the job of enhancing happiness though food and wine that is meant to anchor excellent conversation to create wonderful memories. If we fell short of that we invite you back to the table. Please call our reservation manager at 508 228-4016 and she will be happy to make you a reservation for your next visit. We are in the job of hospitality and we take that job very seriously, we work everyday for the enjoyment of our guests and look forward to having you back at the Company soon.

The Company team

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

My entire life I’ve been waiting for a company of the cauldron menu I liked because it’s reputation precedes itself-and this year I finally found one (as a non-fish eater). It did not disappoint. The food and atmosphere was excellent and considering what fine dining costs these days on island, the price is in line with others. We appreciated stepping back away from all the technology and new finishes to enjoy a dinner with the staff who were welcoming and enjoyable. All in all, we recommend.

Date of visit: September 2018
COMPANYCAULDRON, Owner at Company of the Cauldron, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Hello Phi Girl!
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your insight with others. We truly appreciate it beyond words! I will share this with my team who I am fortunate to have as they execute the hospitality that I acquaint with Nantucket. Thank you for being at the table. I love what I do and we feel so lucky to throw a dinner party every night for friends we have not met yet. It was a pleasure meeting you both and please know when you return just let us know you would prefer beef, if fish is in on the menu and I will be glad to create something special for you.

Respectfully,
Chef Joseph Keller and the Company Team.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

We went with friends the other night. We have not been since the ownership changed. We have been here before, so we know the drill with the menu. Our friends do not drink, so I only ordered a glass of wine with dinner. We arrived on time at 7 and were seated. At 7:40 we were finally served a popover. Nothing but water for 40 minutes.... The new family style serving should be re-thought - the tables are small, why would we want to take turns serving ourselves? We went on Beef Wellington night. I remember it as a standard for wedding receptions a long time ago. I thought this would be an improvement, but no, it was still too much greasy pastry and mushy meat. The vegetable sides were good, but small portions. Dessert was another red velvet cakes with cream cheese frosting. The cake part was dry, the cream cheese frosting on one portion was enough for all four of us. The service never improved, nor did anyone seem to care.

1  Thank Dave_Nantucket
COMPANYCAULDRON, Assistant to Chef Joseph Keller at Company of the Cauldron, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Dave,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. As a local Nantucket neighbor, you know how hard this business can be therefore we wish that you would have shared your thoughts with the chef or the several times we asked you how everything was that evening.
Yes, the first round of popovers was overdone and as explained to you that evening that is why they were not served immediately. Chef made a second batch and we proceeded with salads and served the popovers with the salads.

We refilled waters at your table and explained what had happened. However, it was clear you were not happy with almost anything we offered. I am sorry for that, as the happiness of our guests is of the utmost importance. We felt your review was harsh as everyone else in the dining room that evening understood about the overdone popovers and raved about the Wellington, Therefore We ask that you call me ( Jordana), Assistant to Chef Keller at 508 228 4016 directly so we can speak to you about your experience. Our goal is to give our guests a wonderful experience. If we fell short of that mark, we want to discuss it and remedy it immediately.

The Company Team

Reviewed September 3, 2018

The fixed menu is always tricky as you may not be enamored with part of the menu, for us it was dessert, it just didn't do it for us. The salad and beef wellington were very good, maybe a tad less dressing on the greens. The wine pairing was very well done, with a rose to start and a port to finish, you could tell the owner spent time thinking through the choices.

It is a very cozy place, great for a romantic evening - not good for kids or loud talkers (you know who you were center table...) If you get a chance try the restroom, it's very cute and tucked behind the dish washing station. just don't mind Diablo staring at you while you are in there.

it is pricey, we were at $350 including tip with just one of us doing the wine pairing.

Hello Peter 996
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are glad you enjoyed the three glass wine pairing. One of the many unique things about our restaurant is our chef and sommelier sit down weekly and pair wines with our delicious daily changing menus. We are sorry that you did not enjoy the dessert, and would have been happy to create something else for you. I will share this with my team. I ask that the next time you come in that you let me know if any part of the meal did not exceed your expectations. As I would like to correct it immediatley! Cooking and hospitality are my life and my legacy and I want to ensure my guests leave throughly satisfied.
Myself and my team feel so lucky to throw a dinner party every night with friends we have not met yet. It was a pleasure meeting you both and I look forward to your return.

Respectfully,
Chef Joseph Keller and the Company Team.