“Very good lobster bisque!”
Review of Seagrille

Seagrille
Ranked #10 of 151 Restaurants in Nantucket
Price range: US$18 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2017

Probably need a taxi or vehicle. Near two of the 3 gas stations on the island but a nice atmosphere inside. Seafood is their specialty.

Reviewed May 13, 2017

We have been a fan of the SeaGrille for many years. The food is always top notch. Granted the location is not Nantucket proper but hey, sometimes you gotta overlook some things. Service was a tad slow on the initial start but once things got rolling, our waitress, Jenna did a great job. Had the usual, Linguica encrusted day boat cod and it has NEVER failed me. Large pieces of lobster and perfectly cooked cod! Drinks were great to!

Reviewed May 3, 2017 via mobile

We plan our vacation around The Seagrille's lobster bisque! Literally! One or two weeks in Nantucket has become a family summer tradition; and part of that tradition is one or two visits to The Seagrille. We have never been disappointed; in fact, each dinner has been better than the last firmly planting in our minds that we want to come back one more time. My favorites are the roasted beet salad, bacon wrapped scallops, and the lobster bisque. My husband's choice is always the lobster with a side of lobster mashed potatoes. Just writing the review makes me want to make reservations for this summer! You will not be disappointed by The Seagrille!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

We found out about this restaurant by asking, "where do the locals go?" It's a little way out of town, but well worth the trip. I had the most delicious broiled sole I ever tasted with a buttery crumb crust and a buttery dipping sauce. Vegetables and whipped potatoes were fresh and beautifully prepared. Friends had equallly delicious baked stuffed shrimp, boullliabase, and lobster. Great food!

3  Thank Leslie F
Reviewed May 2, 2017

On a Nantucket day trip we made the just-under-one-mile walk to the Seagrille for lunch after hearing that it was popular among locals. It did not disappoint. I had the simple lunch special of bisque and salad. By far the best lobster bisque I have ever had - it wasn't too heavy, as many bisques tend to be, and it had actual chunks of fresh lobster, some that filled the spoon! The salad was perfectly dressed, crisp, and fresh. A glass of pino grigio rounded out the meal, leaving me satisfied but not overly full. My travel companion had a delicious lobster roll, which was the best of 5 lobster rolls we had during 3 days on Cape Cod. Tasted like the lobster had just been caught an hour ago.

The only reason it doesn't earn a 5 star rating is simply the atmosphere. It was fine, just nothing special in terms of decor, furnishings, or detail, and while not the restaurant's fault, a view of the parking lot just doesn't inspire. Note: I recommend walking to the Seagrille - it will give you the chance to stroll through the less travelled residential neighborhoods, outside the busier, commercial, and more touristy town center area. We were able to take our time and marvel at each house's architecture and landscaping

Date of visit: April 2017