“How sad”
Review of The Club Car

The Club Car
Reserve with OpenTable
The Club Car is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 151 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our menu is farm-centric small plates of vegetables, local seafood & ethically-raised meats meant to be shared. We have a simple approach: sourcing the finest from local farms, growers & artisans; thoughtfully preparing delicious food. We are committed to fostering long-term relationships within our community. Simply put, we love to eat & share food with others.
Reviewed September 12, 2018

Used to be a classic with top shelf food, now it's just another tasteless trendy joint that belongs in the Hamptons or a Holiday Inn

Date of visit: September 2018
TyC276, Owner at The Club Car, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Hello.

We agree that the former Club Car was a classic. But could you please enlighten us on how you rate a restaurant? Have you sat in our dining room or bar and tried our food? Or are you rating us on decor? We are a bit confused by your review.
I was unaware that Holiday Inn's have trendy joints in them and we are far from being a place that belongs only in the Hamptons.

Thank you.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

You would think that when every single diner has to use their phone to read the menu, management would take the hint...turn up the lights. That’s my only criticism! We had tasting menu that the select (barring allergies). Eggplant toast, lamb kebab, outstanding roast cod, stuffed eggplant, nectarine and tomato salad. Fresh, fresh ingredients, great tasting food. Decent wine and cocktail list, good vibes, nice to see the new club car!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 30, 2018

We went to the "new" Club Car for the first time last weekend. Our reservation was for 9PM on a Friday night. The atmosphere is very lively, and the dining room is really beautifully renovated. Our waitress was wonderful. She explained the menu perfectly and made us feel immediately welcome. The menu is small plates and items that can be shared or, if you'd prefer, enjoyed all to yourself. I have celiac and I was SO excited to hear that the chef is also gluten free. The majority (if not all?) of the menu is gluten free or can be made gluten free. I've never had arancini, since it's usually not prepared gluten free. Here, it is gluten free and it was INCREDIBLE! We also shared the tomato salad, the summer squash (had an amazing pesto), the shrimp (also had an insanely good sauce), and the cod. Everything was delicious and fresh. They also have a toasts section on the menu which can be made gluten free - definitely excited to try those next time! The dessert special we had was also gluten free. If I remember correctly, it was a take on a shortcake with sabayon and berries. I'm not personally a fan of sabayon, but the cake was very good - light and sweet. They did not have coffee, but they did have espresso available and it was very good! Perfect pick me up before more fun. We had drinks at the bar - "The Day Trippah" which was like a rum punch and "Garden Variety", what I would describe as an alcoholic green juice. I love green juice and tequila, but I should have remembered to ask for no salt. Otherwise, a fabulous meal and we cannot wait to return!

Hello Kelly.

Thank you for sharing your review with Trip Advisor! We are so happy that you were able to enjoy our entire menu despite your gluten allergy. It is amazing how you can have so many delicious menu options and not even miss the gluten!
We hope to see you again on your next island visit to try our toast section.

Thank you!

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Visited with girlfriends for a few days. We ended up eating at The Club Car our last night and are so thrilled that we did. The atmosphere is fun, but it’s nothing compared to the service we got from Mary our waitress. She was efficient, friendly and knowledgeable about all the food and wine. She has such a pleasant personality and is so likable.The food is served tapas style and is meant to be shared. My friends and I agree it was probably the best food we’ve ever had in our lives. If you visit Nantucket, be sure to make The Club Car part of your itinerary. Your taste buds will thank you!

Ty C, Owner at The Club Car, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Thank you for sharing your dining experience with Tripadvisor! We agree that Mary is nothing short of amazing!
So happy to hear that you all enjoyed our food. We hope to see you again on your next island visit.

Thank you!
The Club Car Team

Reviewed August 15, 2018

The food comes when it is ready, the waitstaff explained when our meal was essentially finished and my son’s Yucca fries still hadn’t come out. It would have been nice to have been told when we ordered that they would be arriving as desert rather than an as a side dish.

And when they did come out, they were swimming in so much sauce that they were soggy. I pulled a long strand of hair from my lamb skewers. To their credit they replaced the dish immediately.

We also ordered the avocado toast and the roasted cauliflower. The food was okay aside from the yucca fries.

Ty C, Owner at The Club Car, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Hello.

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a great brunch experience with us. It sounds like we may have had an off day. I apologize for that.
As for our food being pretentious, I do not agree. We use the best ingredients we can source and deliver food that is healthy, clean and delicious.

Thank you.