“Love the bar”

Straight Wharf
Ranked #12 of 151 Restaurants in Nantucket
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, View, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: End of Main Street
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Fun place to sit and people watch - all those walking by from the fast boat.Love the bar food! Cheeses, mini tacos all so good and the soups are spectacular.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

The mains were very good. My app -chilled zucchini soup- had a rather thick consistency -more dip like than soup like. Swordfish was well prepared. And the apple galette dessert was very good. Decent atmosphere. Service was a little standoffish but it was restaurant week...

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere at Straight Wharf is great- feels warm , intimate and still upscale. Food was delicious from salad to dessert . My entree was lovely with pasta, a deep rich sauce and I think sweet bites a corn. I had lemon possit for the first time and have to say I'm a fan.

Reviewed September 29, 2017

We spent a week in Nantucket and ate out quite often. But the food at Straight Wharf was, by far, the best that we had on the island. The restaurant is in a large, Nantucket-style building at the base of Straight Wharf. It is dock-side and looks out over the harbor. The large main dining hall is attractive, the only drawback being that the acoustics aren't great, so the restaurant becomes somewhat noisy when full. It was Fall Restaurant Week when we went there, and a Friday night, so indeed the restaurant filled up quickly after we arrived (around 6:15).

For Restaurant Week, one could choose one of several options for each of the appetizer, entree, and dessert courses for a fixed price ($48). All of the options sounded very appetizing, but for the starters, my wife chose the raw oysters ($6.00 supplemental charge) and I had the "Pork Belly and Clam Bowl". The oysters were clearly very fresh, and were topped by an interesting and delicious frozen mignonette sauce. The pork belly and clam dish was unique, extremely delicious, and one of the best restaurant dishes I've had over the past several years. The littlenecks and the braised and sauteed pork belly cubes were served in a delicious broth flavored with Pernod, star anise and garlic, also containing sauteed kale.

Our entrees were sea scallops and hake fillet. The 3 scallops, which were the largest I had ever seen (probably at least 1/2 lb. total!) were seared and served over a corn/mushroom melange which my wife pronounced to be absolutely delicious. My hake, apparently deep-fried with a very thin, crunchy coating was perfectly fresh and perfectly cooked, and was served over a beet coulis and a crunchy rice melange containing cucumber, sauteed greens, radish and garlic. The portion was more than ample, which was unusual for a restaurant week special. The hake was wonderful! I am a diabetic so instead of dessert, I was allowed to order a savory side dish. I chose the garlicky fresh local vegetables consisting of beans, broccolini and beets. They were nicely sauteed, but just a bit undercooked for my tastes. But that's a personal thing. The taste was nonetheless superb. My wife had an apple tart for dessert, which she loved!

We accompanied the whole meal with a great bottle of Chablis, which, at $60, sort of cancelled out the value of restaurant week! But what the heck, it was our wedding anniversary after all!

We spent as much or more at other restaurants in Nantucket, but none of those meals came close to the dinner we had at Straight Wharf. Do dine here if you are ever in Nantucket. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Another great choice for Nantucket. We sat outside, and even on a gloomy evening, the aspect was beautiful. The food didn't disappoint. The menu had a nice selection of meats, in addition to the seafood you'd expect in Nantucket.